'Go Cruise' Throttle Control

stephen.stallebrass

Reaction score
Just ordered a Go Cruise throttle lock today, £15 including postage. Anyone else used one?

from their website said:
The new Go Cruise throttle control is an amazingly clever, simple and elegant solution to relieving stress on your wrist on long rides. Go Cruise installs on your throttle grip in a few seconds, no tools needed. When you're at your desired speed, push the Go Cruise down with your index finger until it rests on your brake lever. Go Cruise has just enough grip to hold your throttle in place and take stress off your wrist. To reduce speed, simply roll the throttle off manually to override the Go Cruise.

1190618924_etWF9-M-1.jpg

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WAklTq-V6VM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Have ordered one too.
Looks like a simple (+cheap) solution.
The manufacturer confirms that small is the correct size for 1200gs etc

great idea

cracking idea,

I just made one out of a piece of lorry mudguard,took me about 5mins.:thumb2

That looks great - keep us posted how it works - looks better than having to reach across with clutch hand to tighten other "cruise" devices.

Thanks for the feedback, will order one up over the weekend, should be handy on the long run to / from the Alps later in the year.

Used it for a few days now and it works great! :thumb2

Could you tell me what bike you have it fitted to because mine is rubbish! No matter what speed I set it at, the bike starts to lose speed almost immediatley. The other day it I went from 70 to 50mph in about 1 mile distance. (I have the 1200GS)

I've tried repositioning it on the grip (but theres not much room to to play with of course) and squeezing it tighter to hold the grip better but its still doesn't work. IMHO its the high frequency vibration through the bars that is causing it to lose grip and hence allow the throttle to close.

In theory its a great idea and in reality its well made, cheap and delivery was quick from the states but it doesn't do the job for me so its been a waste of money

F9

Could you tell me what bike you have it fitted to because mine is rubbish! No matter what speed I set it at, the bike starts to lose speed almost immediatley. The other day it I went from 70 to 50mph in about 1 mile distance. (I have the 1200GS)

I've tried repositioning it on the grip (but theres not much room to to play with of course) and squeezing it tighter to hold the grip better but its still doesn't work. IMHO its the high frequency vibration through the bars that is causing it to lose grip and hence allow the throttle to close.

In theory its a great idea and in reality its well made, cheap and delivery was quick from the states but it doesn't do the job for me so its been a waste of money

F9

I have it on my F800GS. I'm not using the rubber band thing that comes with it and I have it on the standard OEM heated grip. I'm also running a standard road tyre. Didn't use the rubber band thingy-bob because it would mean undoing my barkbusters, couldn't be arsed so I didn't bother. Do you have the correct size? Mine works fine, obviously it's not a cruise control so speed will alter with a change in conditions: wind, incline, road surface... etc. But mine holds the throttle in position at cruising speeds without bother.

I have it on my F800GS. I'm not using the rubber band thing that comes with it and I have it on the standard OEM heated grip. I'm also running a standard road tyre. Didn't use the rubber band thingy-bob because it would mean undoing my barkbusters, couldn't be arsed so I didn't bother. Do you have the correct size? Mine works fine, obviously it's not a cruise control so speed will alter with a change in conditions: wind, incline, road surface... etc. But mine holds the throttle in position at cruising speeds without bother.

Just realised the "rubbern band" thingie has been knocking about my desk for the last couple of weeks without me realising what it was or what it was for :blast (that'll teach me to read the instructions before binning them...........typical bloke eh?)

I will now try using it with the rubberband fitted over the grip, at the mo I have fitted to the std heated grips and its just not got a strong enough grip. I apprecite your comments about the cruising speeds etc...but I've tried it on a level section of both the A1 and M1 with the same results, the speed drops almost immedialtely, however that said this rubber band could be the answer.............I'll report back

F9 :thumb

Mine has just arrived. Posted from Santa Ana on 30 May.

Seller said that the S (7/8") model is the one for the GS1200. Will fit it tonight all being well and will report back later in the week.

Richard

I've just nipped into the garage and fitted the rubber band and without doubt the clamp now appears to have a lot firmer grip. Hopefully that will allow it work as well as I'd hoped.

Still kicking myself for not looking at the instructions before I tried it though :blast

F9 :thumb

Back
Top Bottom