'Emergency' petrol can (for storage inside a panner)

(RIP) MScotts

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is there a small-ish fuel can or other type of flask/canister about that can safely store about 1/2 gallon of petrol?

Not that I'm in the habit of running the bike dry at some in-oppertune time, but I thought one about the 2 litre size would be adequate when on a trip, and fit in one of the Vario's without stealing too much room?

After scouring the tinterweb (for about 2 minutes) the following was the result:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Harley-Davids...20?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item1c1adaf788

Not the right shape, sixe, and definately not the right price as it's nearly 50 quid...!

Any pointers appreciated :thumb2

Andy.

Well, smaller than you specified, but if you also have/considering a stove, the fuel bottle can come in very handy! The litre you have for your cooking needs can be repurposed to get you moving.
Cmoju_JDSepJEYlCHs_OI5LvCbhEkvd89ABqwyWWF-DE13LllKb4BjpgTLEIGtSKjuthjQ1-_YFb4sjB_Jgj7jo-qoKe-xfZ1bxaRorLjdYQI4QJSzfX4G0jqgIk3UvcobbBaryjMSPqVvy-FTIXU5bvKf1ybcVcpOweJw

Nice one, Martin. Found a 1L one that'll do nicely :D

Before giving up and posting this thread I used allsorts of search words to go with 'petrol' then 'fuel', didn't think to use 'bottle' :blast:blast :thumb2

Cheers for that link matey. :thumb2 At £10.90 it's a tempting buy, shame about the £8.40 P+P cost attached at the checkout :blast

-Andy.

Cheers for that link matey. :thumb2 At £10.90 it's a tempting buy, shame about the £8.40 P+P cost attached at the checkout :blast

-Andy.

The postage at touratech.com has put me off so many times as well, ive often gone on to buy something simple and ended up closing the browser at £8.40 P+P :rolleyes:

oh well

Nice one, I'll phone HG in P'boro to see if they need to order them in or if they're stocked, then buy one or two. Cheers again :thumb2

Just phoned HG and they've got one left (now reserved for me to pick up today).

Price at the shop remains the same as online (£9.99), so it might be worth anyone after one or more ringing their HG branch to do the same :thumb2

You sure you want to store an HG bottle filled with petrol inside a top box / pannier?

Back
Top Bottom