Installation of an autocom system

China or bust

Ok ...... who knows the best way to install an autocom system, or should I just carry it around in my tank bag and connect it to the bikes power system via a lead and plug.

If you have any solutions drop us a line (photos would also be an asset

I think mine is an Easy 7 or something like that. It easily sits in the tool compartment if you remove puncture repair kit. (This stays in my topbox)

I have connected the power +ve lead to the rear light using a piggy back blade connector and the -ve to a suitable earth. The other leads (phone, headsets and I- pod ) all come out of one side if you cut away a semicurcular slot in the plastic tool tray close to the rear seat latching mechanism. The intercom only works if the lights are on obviously.

The other leads all easily lead down the left side of the tooltray underneath the front of the rack and then underneath the riders seat and out at the rear of the tank.

ian

Have the PRO M1 installed in the ABS area (Don't have ABS so utilise the large void under the petrol tank). Connections to live wire at indicator and earthed somewhere sound.

Both leads for rider/passenger coming out on the left hand side so you can easily connect/disconnect when getting on/off on that side.

All other leads - music/phone/bike-bike come out from under the tank at the front of riders saddle so I can install them in the tank bag.

Hope this helps.

Can't do you a piccie as digi camera u/s

:beerjug:

My Pro 7 lives in a modified tank bag.....I burnt a hole through one end big enough to take the leads both in and out...the only thing right now that I have on-bike is the hard-wired power lead that goes under the tank and terminates on the bars with enough slack to plug into the tank bag in use and wrap around the crossbar discretely when not in use.

The advantages are that I can tweak the settings for input easily by opening the top flap of the tank bag, and likewise the volume on the talkie-walkie, including the channel and volume settings when riding with different people...plus it's an easier install, with no plug ends apart from the power supply to have to leave exposed on the bike.......

When I have the time though, I will wire the unit up to the bike permanently.....the box itself under the front of the saddle where the diag plug lives ('ADV) and the talkie walkie somewhere else yet-to-be-decided......

This will leave me with the problem of how to leave the rider and pillion 7 pin plugs, and the phono/gps input leads.....right now I'm thinking of leaving the rider plug sticking out of the front of the saddle in the centre of the tank with a cap on it or maybe with a few inches dangling to the left of the tank so it's pointing downwards (rain friendly), then doing the same towards the rear of the seat for pillion plug........I'd need to get a pair of metre long coily leads to plug inline to our helmets but that seems like a neat solution.

The stereo jacks for phone, MP3 and GPS are another matter.......I'm thinking of using one of Migsel's speedo ram mounts for this, and putting on a shelf with a small pelican box that will take bothe the phone and the music source (via IP6 Bungs) mounted on the bottom of the box with HD velcro.......this should be fairly neat with the cables running up from the Pro 7 under the tank and up to the headstock, then terminated in the Pelican box.....

This is all to be done though...and for the time being it's easy and convenient enough to have the whole set up in my modded tank bag.
:)

I've got the active 7 Smart fitted in the rear of the fuse box. Just move the relays across and its a nice snug fit. Taken a feed from rear lights.

Baz

Anyone done anything fancy for getting the phone/music leads into a tankbag?

I'm getting the powerlet tank bag kit for power but still need something to get my music leads connected to the mp3/phone in me tank bag.

BTW, my autocom active7? is on top of the airbox cover.

China or bust said:
Ok ...... who knows the best way to install an autocom system, or should I just carry it around in my tank bag and connect it to the bikes power system via a lead and plug.

If you have any solutions drop us a line (photos would also be an asset)

If anyone does have pics or diagrams to send, I've just bought an old Pro System, for P-P and B-B. Intend to house it all in the tank bag; bike powered. Would appreciate any tips on the installation.

Many thanks,

Neil.

Back
Top Bottom