Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Food

Same arrangements for food as previous years.
    Friday night will be Babs mega curries. One beef and one chicken and one veggie option.

Saturday and Sunday mornings, FULL English breakfast with only the finest ingredients. Sausages and bacon from locally sourced organic pigs, free range eggs, and the best of everything else. And available in Tosser sized portions. Some said last year it was worth coming just for the breakfasts!

Saturday night. Big BBQ. Not an undercooked or burnt shite burgers but the very finest selection of meats from a local butcher together with full salad backup etc.

Booze. We will be getting a couple of barrels (that about 80 pints each) of locally brewed award winning real ale from The Beer Engine. Just don't don't believe Kenny when he says it has run out, we got at least another 12 pints out after that.
    Also Proff will be supplying his famous Winkerleigh Cider. It tastes like it is alcohol free but can lead to world famous hangovers after only a few pints.
    We will have some cans of lager etc available for those who can't handle the ale or cider.
    A selection of spirits will be available such as Gin, Vodka, Whisky etc. . Please let me know if you require anything else and we'll get it in.
    Some red and white wine for the ladies.
    Soft drinks will include coke (diet and full fat) and lemonade.
    There will be unlimited free tea and coffee available in the workshop all day.

I'll assume that everyone is happy with that unless I am told otherwise. Just let me know if there is anything else that anyone requires in terms of special diets or anything.

Costs.
    We will hold the costs down again to previous years levels. Breakfast £4 and dinner £6. Ale/Cider £2 pint. Cans etc £1.

Everything else Free of charge. At your discretion to put anything you like into the charity pot annonomously. Everything works on total trust/honesty system, just pay as you go or note down in book and pay before you leave.

Your No 2 Breakfast chef has been booked. All he has to do is convince his work to let him have a couple of days off.

Simon

I'm a dab hand around a cooker too Sid* and am more than happy to assist with prepping and/or cooking if required.

*I have no training whatsoever but regularly cater for my rugby club.
    R100GSPD The Spearmint Rhino
    R1200GSA MANFRED - The Red Baron
    R1200GS The Golden Wonder. It was Golden and its a wonder I never fell off it!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sumprat View Post
    Your No 2 Breakfast chef has been booked. All he has to do is convince his work to let him have a couple of days off.

Simon
    Woo Hoo. Work said yes.

Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Mmmmm, sounds good.

There will be TT. Some good bottled tonic (Fevertree or similar) would be good. WO's panniers are bit limited for capacity.

Fresh limes
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

Great news guys.

Big thanks to Sumprat (Simon) who worked non-stop in the kitchen last year to keep everything running smoothly with military precision. Not only is he not an airheader but he doesn't even ride a motorbike. Perhaps this year we might persuade him to try a bike riding lesson?

Thanks also for the other offers of help on catering front. Even simple tasks help spread the workload and speed up the preparation.

Thanks Packer (Kevan) for the TT (Tossers Tipple) which for those of you who don't know is an excellent quality gin which is at least as good as Bombay Saphire and should keep the women folk happy. Plus, I've been known to enjoy a glass or two of TT (especially when it was Proff's birthday present )

Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    Great news guys.

Big thanks to Sumprat (Simon) who worked non-stop in the kitchen last year to keep everything running smoothly with military precision. Not only is he not an airheader but he doesn't even ride a motorbike. Perhaps this year we might persuade him to try a bike riding lesson?

Thanks also for the other offers of help on catering front. Even simple tasks help spread the workload and speed up the preparation.

Thanks Packer (Kevan) for the TT (Tossers Tipple) which for those of you who don't know is an excellent quality gin which is at least as good as Bombay Saphire and should keep the women folk happy. Plus, I've been known to enjoy a glass or two of TT (especially when it was Proff's birthday present )
    Great news.

Thrower of cats at pigeons Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    Great news guys.

Big thanks to Sumprat (Simon) who worked non-stop in the kitchen last year to keep everything running smoothly with military precision. Not only is he not an airheader but he doesn't even ride a motorbike. Perhaps

This year we might persuade him to try a bike riding lesson?

You supply the bike, I'll supply the expertise We'll have him moving in no time

Val.
    You know!?, it's the people who live in the land that always seem to make it more beautiful than it already appears.

Quote Originally Posted by VAL. H. View Post
    You supply the bike, I'll supply the expertise We'll have him moving in no time

Val.
    Oh Bugger!

Quote Originally Posted by Sumprat View Post
    Oh Bugger!

If you dont want to ride I can recommend a little ride in Tarka's sidecar
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I thought about parking up the road and cycling down the lane, then I would have been aircooled ... but still no shaft drive so I have cancelled my days off and will be working over the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by pastyman View Post
    If you dont want to ride I can recommend a little ride in Tarka's sidecar
    Now that I'd go for

Sumpie

There you go Tarka, go scare someone else

Your number two breakfast chef as booked his train ticket.

Size 11.5 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I've started the shopping
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Illegitimis nil carborundum

Thrower of cats at pigeons Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill-H View Post
    I've started the shopping

Bit early Bill. The cream will have turned by then

Val.
    You know!?, it's the people who live in the land that always seem to make it more beautiful than it already appears.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast