Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lands End Trial 2011 - Lots of photos

Lands End Trial 2011 - Lots of photos

Chucked the tent in the car and whizzed down to St Agnes early yesterday morning. Met up with Les from Traveldri, Mike Wright, Roger and a few chaps from the sidecar club at the campsite and then went to see the mad boys and girls up through Blue Hills. Never been there before and it is lovely, must be one of the most scenic places to watch a trial in the country.

This lot started from Bridgwater at 8pm Friday evening and it was now Saturday afternoon, they had been going all night

It doesn't look that steep .... IT IS! with alot of loose earth and slate.

Our very own Ian (Muzvmc) from this site, rode like a pro.

Don't know who this chap is but he was the biggest bike and he made it look easy

Back at the campsite.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Brings back a few memories, did it a few times 25 years ago
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    Brings back a few memories, did it a few times 25 years ago
    You should do it again next year, I think I may have a bash at it if I have a bike.
    I couldn't help think it would be bloody awfull if it was raining though.
    I reckon the cars look flippin good fun too.

Fantastic photos. Looks like great fun.......maybe next year.

Are there any similar trials similar to this. i.e without needing a proper trials bike?
    Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler

Iconoclast Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by bodge it View Post
    Are there any similar trials similar to this. i.e without needing a proper trials bike?
    Long distance trials - http://www.eventdirectory.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Schtum View Post
    Long distance trials - http://www.eventdirectory.org.uk/
    Thanks for that, looks like some good events.
    Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler

Good memories.

I last competed in the late 80's, on an XL185, an XL250, a GS thou with a Wasp sidecar grafted on, and an assortment of 2CV,s and a cracking Midget and the best I ever managed was a Bronze.

Don't forget that by the time they hit Bluehills they've been awake & on the road for the best part of eighteen hours, so any little mistake is magnified by exhaustion!

The machine of choice for me would be the C90 but with a clutch lever!!

thanks for posting the photos trippy, (glad you got one of me) it was a good event, made all the better by near perfect weather

I'm just recovering from this years...

Bike number 40! It is a laugh but by the end everyone is knackered, I managed to clean about half the stages and demolish the other half, some really impressive crashes and drops and a slightly embarrasing haul up Crackington.

No doubt I'll be there next year!!! Also, you don't need a full on trials bike, I did it on an old XT600, a bit heavy but doable; I saw at least one 1100GS and more than a couple of 80s. You can do class O on anything, one guy was on a new KTM 990 supermoto thing and that looked clean at the end.

Go for it, doing it has to be better than dragging down to Blue Hills just to watch!!

Thanks for sharing your pics - really did bring back some memories -yes it is steep and it is a bit different in the rain!

Brilliant event to do, although I believe it's quite a bit shorter these days than it used to be.

If you can't ride, it's always great fun to do the marshalling and they are always looking for marshalls - the events can't run without them.
    http://www.brittanybikerbreaks.com Brittany Biker Breaks - bed and breakfast exclusively for motorcyclists in Brittany, France. 30 minutes from St Malo ferry port, 2 hours from Caen and 2.5 hours from Le Havre.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/brittanybikerbreaks

has 1 bike got a hand held flashlight strapped to the mudguard??

Quote Originally Posted by swissrob View Post
    has 1 bike got a hand held flashlight strapped to the mudguard??
    Yes, of course, why not..........................this is Trials

No HID's there

Ever Ready flashlight is cheap and cheerful
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Thanks for posting the photos even if it has got me and Ceila have a little lay down at the top of the hill (that’s us with the yellow sidecar at the start of the photos)

What a great event it was the weather was the best I can ever remember in over 10 years we have even had snow up on the moors a few times

And as has been said you don’t need a full on trials bike people have been doing MCC trials on totally unsuitable bikes for years ,There used to be a guy who did the main event on a Honda CX500 fitted with trails tyres and he was good

I will be there again next year I love the event just that as the years go by I seem to find it harder and harder to sort out my sleep patterns after the trial

Hey Bob, I started behind you at Popham - XT600!

Jut finished cleaning and repairing it.Nothing too bad, a few scratches, bend indicators and a melted rear wheel wheel bearing! I thought it was squeaking and grinding a bit towards the end!!!

Next year I am going to attempt not to crash as much! And get back on the old bike!!

No 85 was me , I had a cracking time on the event, I thought a GS on road tyres fitted the spirit of the event, I was also praying for it to be dry !!!
    Although I live in Kent I'm Cornish and have been to watch many times and this year entered with my dad who has been doing these events for years, now in his mid 70's and still enjoying them.
    I rode from Marazion to Plusha to start in the rain but had a dry trial after that. Door to door approx 430 miles.
    Crackington was the only hill I did not get to the top of, I failed a couple of restarts but tbh my main aim was to have fun which I did .
    The GS performed brilliantly and really is such a capable bike coping with rocky climbs in the dark with ease. I am now such a huge fan of this bike Great photos the mix of cars, bikes and sidecars in trouble really capture the spirit of the event.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Great effort coasty . Just think what would be acheivable on a suitable set of tyres . Your control of that great lump was pretty impressive . I also lost out on an award by failing the restarts . There will always be next year , plenty of caffeine may be the answer . Drz riding berk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast