marquee, yes or no?

Shall we hire a marquee?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pauly S

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The forecast is looking a little entertaining shall we say for the friday and saturday, shall we hire a marquee yes or no?
only residents pls vote.
its going to cost around £11 per adult.based on everyone paying.

<iframe src="http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2098/Next3DaysEmbed.xhtml?target=_parent" allowTransparency="true" width="306" height="435" frameborder="0">You must have a browser that supports iframes to view the BBC weather forecast</iframe>

Hmmm.........That wasn't what it was supposed to be.

I'll have to go all manual.

Friday - Thunder Storms
Saturday - Light Showers

Right, back from my shower.

Been giving this some thought.

I'm not massively in favour of having a marquee as it could end up being the only place people go, and kill the atmosphere. Alternatively it could provide a focus and create a brilliant atmosphere.

We won't have a fire in the marquee, and this would probably would end up as the focal point, and if there weather is not too bad it probably won't end up being used.

However.............

If you are me if I'll chuck in £22 towards it just in case then the answer is yes.

I'm guessing that this means that the marquee is not viable as it needed everyone to contribure, so will pack my tarp:thumb2

Forecast has modified to light rain Friday and Sunny Periods Saturday, so we can reliably plan on monsoon conditions.

this is what i like

full of positiveness.... hmm
its gonna a blue sky weekend, but bring yer wellies in case.:augie
jesus, look at the wind speeeeeeeeeeeeeed
Fri
Apr Day Light Rain 16 °C NE 11 mph 23 mph Moderate
Night Partly cloudy 11 °C ENE 18 mph 29 mph Very Good
Sat
Apr Day Sunny intervals 17 °C ENE 21 mph 41 mph Very Good
Night Medium-level cloud 9 °C ENE 22 mph 36 mph Very Good
Sun
May Day Sunny 15 °C ENE 23 mph 45 mph Very Good
Night Partly cloudy 7 °C ENE 24 mph 41 mph Very Good

Pack tarps, loads of tree's around...and if we build a big enough fire, it may scare the rain orf.....:augie

PS - pac a macs & kagools then....:D

Tarp flying will be on the agenda with those winds and that's before Shready lets go of his beans :D

I'll be sleeping soundly with my new pillow and downmat:D

I'll be sleeping soundly with my new pillow and downmat:D

You may also need ear plugs, as I've heard the British Olympic Snoring Team will be training nearby.....:augie

PS...I'll be trialling a new pillow too!!!!

I think I've got everything on :augie
loaded.jpg

Peter

ive go so much junk

im bringing the car, and you want to see nigel's car, its on the floor with beer.

Back
Top Bottom