Sat Nav Mounting on a 12RT?

Jazbee

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys, any hints & tips & pics on mounting a sat nav on a 12 RT? I had a zumo 550 on my GS but going to buy a zumo 660 and need to mount it higher in the line of sight? I think there are fixings just below the screen that BMW use for mounting? Noticed in the dealers today as well that there is a plug below the headstock similar to the GS so I guess there is a cable to be had for this? Any advice on mounting brackets, etc appreciated:thumb

My new baby in the showroom today, will be PDI'd etc and ready to come home to play on Weds :D

Attachments

• RT1.jpg
    RT1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 365
Guys, any hints & tips & pics on mounting a sat nav on a 12 RT? I had a zumo 550 on my GS but going to buy a zumo 660 and need to mount it higher in the line of sight? I think there are fixings just below the screen that BMW use for mounting? Noticed in the dealers today as well that there is a plug below the headstock similar to the GS so I guess there is a cable to be had for this? Any advice on mounting brackets, etc appreciated:thumb

My new baby in the showroom today, will be PDI'd etc and ready to come home to play on Weds :D

I have the Touratech lockable mount on mine; there are 2 locations - high up, just under the screen, or my preference, the mount that basically sits just above the ignition key.

Just the right angle for my line of sight, others may disagree.

I fitted a Migsel articulated bracket on the shelf above the clocks. With care the wiring can be hidden and run behind the clocks down to the accessory plug. The mounts not cheap, but nor is the TT options. Sat nav is in your line of sight, no need to take your eyes off the road..

Pics

Hi Jazzbee

Good luck with your new bike , I sure you will enjoy

My Sat Nat is fitted as as the others have said just above the clocks, just be carfull when you lower the screen (small nut on Sat Nav may scratch your new screen if not low enough)

Mine was fitted by BMW

sat.jpg

sat3.jpg

I've got the same bracket as BigBoy. It didn't work with my Zumo550 for the clearance reasons mentioned above, so I spaced the mount towards me by about 3" on aluminium brackets, when it cleared the screen.

Got a 660 now which is lower profile so would probably be fine, but I've left the brackets in to bring it a bit closer to me making it easier to reach.

All in all it works well. If you remove the panel over the front of the clocks (BMW refer to it as the visor) you can feed the cable down the back so that you can't see any connections.

I use the standard BMW power outlet under the clocks, and I've brought the headphone socket out through on of the holes on the tank rails, so I can plug in when I start riding.

Mark

Hi, i ve used the wunderlich one. £75 from Nippy Normans. Fixes on the 2 screws that you see peering down thru the screen and slides over the front of the 'visor' - bike is a 2011 one. Sits nicely in the middle above the main instruments but does obscure some warning lights in the position I've angled it in. Easy to thread the lead round and down to the front plug.

Stu

Thanks for all the excellent feedback guys, will take a look at a few of these options:thumb

Back
Top Bottom