Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 30

Thread: A big thank you....

  1. #1
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Warlingham, Surrey. No Riff-Raff please.
    Posts
    9,329

    A big thank you....

    ...to Paul for holding the Nomad Tosser Camp Out

    Excellent food cooked by his wife and helped by his daughter

    Thanks also to Wendy and Nigel for ensuring we all got drunk

    Nice meeting Tossers new and old

  2. #2
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Windsor, England
    Posts
    2,735
    Quote Originally Posted by shready View Post
    ...to Paul for holding the Nomad Tosser Camp Out

    Excellent food cooked by his wife and helped by his daughter

    Thanks also to Wendy and Nigel for ensuring we all got drunk

    Nice meeting Tossers new and old
    Ditto that....

    Only managed to stay Friday night and was suffering slightly from working nights so was slightly subdued

    Had a great time anyway and the god of weather was good to us...

    However the god of music wasn't..... PLEASE DON'T EVER LET ROY PLACE HIS IPOD ANYWHERE NEAR A MUSIC SYSTEM AGAIN!!!!!

    Waking up at 02:00 to the sound of some military marching band scared the bejesus out of me.... I thought we were being invaded.....
    Emptiness is the starting point - In order to taste my cup of water you must first empty your cup. My friend , drop all your preconceived fixed ideas and be neutral. Do you know why this cup is so useful? Because it is EMPTY.....

    R1200 GSA LC / RnineT


    http://GS Banner1 by Chris Needham, on Flickr

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In front of a PC!!
    Posts
    746
    He likes to be called Pauly.

  4. #4
    A few pics.....











    Peter

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,934
    I can only echo what everyone else has said - a great weekend, a lovely site, and great food. Thanks Paul

  6. #6
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Shipston-on-Stour
    Posts
    11,796
    Yup - top weekend.

    I know how much effort you've put in to this Paul, not to mention how much it's likely to have cost you personally.

    An effort truly above and beyond the call of duty

    Thanks as well to your glamorous and talented catering assistants.
    2008 R1200GSA
    "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much" Oscar Wilde
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"Albert Einstein
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction."Albert Einstein

  7. #7
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canterbury, Kent
    Posts
    7,254
    Quote Originally Posted by shready View Post
    ...to Paul for holding the Nomad Tosser Camp Out

    Excellent food cooked by his wife and helped by his daughter

    Thanks also to Wendy and Nigel for ensuring we all got drunk

    Nice meeting Tossers new and old
    +1 to that.

    Also agreed with Chris re: Roy's Ipod......different to say the least...
    Bounce

    KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

  8. #8
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Near Sevenoaks,Kent
    Posts
    3,634

    Well we would like to say..

    Thankyou People for the kind comments, it was great to meet new people and enjoy a beer or six round the fire.
    The chef and the chefettes have read your most generous comments and are off to polish their halos.
    Anybody for another?
    Thanks to Sam, junior DJ who did a sterling job on the sound system.
    Many large thanks to Nigel and Wendy , who ran the booze dept, with their efforts it made life much easier for me.Top people.xx
    On the subject of booze, the profits made are to go to demelza house, a childrens hospice, and now its your turn to help the management....
    We are to organize a ride out to the charity and give them the beer profit,but unfortuneately its gonna cost you a fiver to attend, this cash will also go to the childrens hospice.
    Nowt is set in stone yet, but watch this space,for further information.
    Ive some piccys which i'll post shortly, when my brain is alcohol free.
    More news...
    Stu the farmer is to buy us a real bog and shower,kin ell, marvellous.
    He's on the look out for a reasonable unit for us to use, argh yessss,heaven.
    Thanks again for everyone who attended, there are many events out there,and im glad you chose ours to attend.
    Lots of love Pauly.Power to the people

    Stuff for sale:Al jesse panniers for a 1200 Air cooled.




  9. #9
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where my mind takes me!
    Posts
    1,168
    Thanks it was great yet again, although Chad was missed, the fire was great and at least we could sit around it without being toasted alive.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In front of a PC!!
    Posts
    746
    Quote Originally Posted by tallgirl View Post
    Thanks it was great yet again, although Chad was missed, the fire was great and at least we could sit around it without being toasted alive.
    there was a fire ?

  11. #11
    New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    cornwall
    Posts
    14

    Cool Fantastic Weekend......!!!!!!!!

    Totally brilliant first Tossers Campout for me. Lots of drunken fireside bonding of kindred spirits and I met my first Evil Santa....!!!!! Great ride out both sat and sun, top marks to You Paul indeed, great location blessed with good weather and lots of diverse funny people....!! Looking forward to a repeat performance...!!!!!!!

    Graham/ Flipflop / TG's fella.......

    ...."found my shade's"...."Yay".......!!!!!

  12. #12
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    kent,england
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad biker View Post
    Thankyou People for the kind comments, it was great to meet new people and enjoy a beer or six round the fire.
    The chef and the chefettes have read your most generous comments and are off to polish their halos.
    Anybody for another?
    Thanks to Sam, junior DJ who did a sterling job on the sound system.
    Many large thanks to Nigel and Wendy , who ran the booze dept, with their efforts it made life much easier for me.Top people.xx
    On the subject of booze, the profits made are to go to demelza house, a childrens hospice, and now its your turn to help the management....
    We are to organize a ride out to the charity and give them the beer profit,but unfortuneately its gonna cost you a fiver to attend, this cash will also go to the childrens hospice.
    Nowt is set in stone yet, but watch this space,for further information.
    Ive some piccys which i'll post shortly, when my brain is alcohol free.
    More news...
    Stu the farmer is to buy us a real bog and shower,kin ell, marvellous.
    He's on the look out for a reasonable unit for us to use, argh yessss,heaven.
    Thanks again for everyone who attended, there are many events out there,and im glad you chose ours to attend.
    Lots of love Pauly.Power to the people
    whats the time line for going to demelza? Mrs JP would love to come but obviously is now on the count down for her new hip

  13. #13
    Oh Yes.... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    28,661
    great Bash and location,attendees a tad suspect as usual.
    many thanks Paul
    Perfekt ist nicht gut genug.

    UKGSER-A place where I've wasted so much time, learned so much, laughed a lot and cried a few times.

    Every bed of roses has pricks in it!

  14. #14
    Maximum Mayhem Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Breedon-on-the-Hill
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad biker View Post
    Anybody for another?
    Hell yes!

    Excellent weekend Paul. Thanks very much to you and your girls, Nigel and Wendy for all your hard work. Thanks Joe for a cracking ride-out, and thanks to everyone there who made it such a fantastic, friendly weekend.
    Good effort

    Mick


    2k R1150GS '05 MX-5 1.8
    Ok, so I could only be young once; but I can be immature forever!

  15. #15
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Near Sevenoaks,Kent
    Posts
    3,634

    okee doke

    Quote Originally Posted by beamerjon View Post
    whats the time line for going to demelza? Mrs JP would love to come but obviously is now on the count down for her new hip
    whats the date of the op?,you did say, but i'm just surfacing from strongbowitus...

    Stuff for sale:Al jesse panniers for a 1200 Air cooled.




  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,123
    Big thanks again to all

    We're on the ferry now on the way home
    Hopefully we'll be able to catch up on some sleep

    We really enjoyed the weekend and will be back next year

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"