Wapping's Wanders Four - One (or two) day jaunt to France - Saturday 25 (26) June

Wapping

Reaction score
This is a goer.

Haven't quite decided what to do yet, but the chances are it will be something along the lines of:

Trains?

Train out at 07:20...... Fully fuelled up, please.

Train back at 18:50

How long?

A circular jaunt to St Omer sort of way. But I am toying with an alternative down to perhaps Hesdin and then out to the coast near St Valery-s-Somme. I plan to do a recce if I can slot it in over the next month or so.

If there is enough demand I do not mind making it a two day affair, same time trains out and back.

I have booked a two-day ticket anyway.

How far?

Not over 200 miles on any one day.

How many bikes?

We will use the marker drop-off system. Eight to ten is probably manageable.

I will do a Garmin Mapsource route up and, with luck, a routecard, too.

Pillions welcome?

Yes.

Suitable for?

Just about anyone. It won't be a race, nor will there be any off-road sections. Nothing anyone cannot do on a FireBlade, a GS or a pushbike.

Cost?

Basic train ticket £28 return, booked today.

Lunch

Fuel

Bits and bobs, coffee etc

Cheapish hotel if we go overnight

Evening scoff

Beers etc

All in all under £200 if you stay the night, I would guess.

======

I had some interest from an earlier thread from Dxtans (always welcome :thumb2) so I have reserved him & Pauline a spot. If I have forgotten anyone, sorry :blast

Richard

Hello Richard,

Yes we booked our ticket when we initially dicussed it, sometime ago, so we are definite.
booked it for the day trip only, will monitor this thread incase it turns into a two-dayer, if so we will still be up for it

dxtans

Excellent.

Extend your ticket.

I am up for two days, for sure.

===============================

Runners and riders

Definite
Wapping
Dxtans

Hi Richard,

Can you put me down for this and also my pal Mark who you met briefly when we bumped into you last year on the train on our way to Morocco.We are up for a couple of days.

Kev :thumb

I'll wave from the other side on the Tunnel coming back on the passenger train from France on Sat. :(

Runners and riders

Definite
Wapping (2 nights)
Dxtans (2 nights)
KevB (2 nights)
Mark (KevB's chum) (2 nights)

Delete nights insert days. :thumb2

A moment of not untypical confusion, caused as I was doing another jaunt at the same time.

Yes please!

Hi Richard,

Jen and i joined you on one of your one day "wanders" last year and enjoyed the experience. Can you add us in on your 2 day wander please?

Looking forward to it!

Andy

Proviso.........

Jen has asked me to say that we (she) will only overnight if we have an "en-suite" room. :rob

Cheers,
Andy

Runners and riders

Definite
Wapping (2 days)
Dxtans (2 days)
KevB (2 days)
Mark (KevB's chum) (2 days)
Brenchleyhibs (2 days)

Three to five spaces available.

Hi Richard,
Just to confirm before I book that we are going on the 0720 on Sat and back on the 1850 Sun :thumb2

Kev

Back
Top Bottom