Tobermory's Trails

Womble

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
For everyone who is coming along to the Boxer Beet and fancies having an explore around the local byways, say hello in this thread. There's no really difficult terrain locally so don't worry if you've not been off road before.

Also, if people are interested, I may well run a ride on Friday afternoon/evening as well, just let me know.

Looking forward to my first off road runs on my 1150 GSA. Previous experience only on a 125 on green lanes. Friday and Saturday good for me.
Off road tyres to be fitted soon :)
Cheers
Graham

This time of year you could ride on BLTs and barely notice the difference :D

As you're local, let me know if you fancy a bit of an explore in a weekend or so and I'll see what we can do.

I would like to get get some off road experience. I am near Woodbridge so can get to Thetford in less than an hour to explore. I can also pop over in the week at times as work flexi time.
If sea conditions are good I will on the boat most summer weekends but if too rough I take the Panzer out. Also hoping there will be some off road runs on the Boxer Beet.
Please let me know if when you plan a run

Cheers Graham

Unfortunately, I don't tend to do much mid-week riding as it doesn't fit well with work, but the offer's still there to do some riding at weekends. Just PM me. It looks like you're hooking up with the ABR guys as well, so you should have plenty of opportunities to get mucky in the meantime :thumb2

Whatever happens, there will be at least one, or probably 2 offroad, rides at the BB. If people want to bring pogos, I might be able to rustle up a guide for that as well.

Unfortunately, I don't tend to do much mid-week riding as it doesn't fit well with work, but the offer's still there to do some riding at weekends. Just PM me. It looks like you're hooking up with the ABR guys as well, so you should have plenty of opportunities to get mucky in the meantime :thumb2

Whatever happens, there will be at least one, or probably 2 offroad, rides at the BB. If people want to bring pogos, I might be able to rustle up a guide for that as well.

Womble many thanks for your advice and then the guided off road ride near Thetford with the other 3 GSs. My first off road run and it was great fun. All legal unmade roads,fire lanes,wooded trails and some sand to play in with good company. You made a great route that I would recommend to any new off roader. I am now looking forward to more of the same at the Boxer Beat.
:thumb:clap

I'm glad you enjoyed it and there's a lot more ground to cover yet :thumb2

Here's a clip from the lane you didn't get to ride on Saturday, but there'll be more like it and then some the next time we go out.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-A14khWxXNw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry to confuse, I was reviewing the video and you DID ride that trail.

And some people wonder why I've become a GPS geek :blast

Here's a clip from the lane you didn't get to ride on Saturday, but there'll be more like it and then some the next time we go out.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-A14khWxXNw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="425"></iframe>

And it ends, dear reader, at the Angel if I'm not mistaken.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-A14khWxXNw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Okay, I'll have some of that please. I'll be newish on the GSA but am hoping for some practice in Hampshire at the start of the month. :hogroast
Haven't done anything like that for a long time and I'm not allowed to crash anymore so, please be gentle. :thumb2

Come on in, the water's lovely :thumb2 Actually, they've just declared a drought, so expect sand, not puddles...

There won't be anything more complicated on this run than the Hograost so you should be fine.

If anyone does feel a little unsure, we could always organise an early-morning trundle to go over the basics, just PM me or catch up with me the night before.

I was a GS off road virgin but Womble was so gentle and it was a fantastic ride and so much fun to be off tarmac. A new world of biking that the GS was buildt for.
Go for it in good company.
See you onthe trail
:)

Monty - thanks for passing on my details to the run leader for Banham. We met up today and had a mammoth trundle around the lanes and I am now happy that everything that I usually ride is doable on a GS. We had a lot of lanes in common, but both of us rode something new today, which made it all the better.

I'm really starting to look forward to this now :bounce1

Monty - thanks for passing on my details to the run leader for Banham. We met up today and had a mammoth trundle around the lanes and I am now happy that everything that I usually ride is doable on a GS. We had a lot of lanes in common, but both of us rode something new today, which made it all the better.

I'm really starting to look forward to this now :bounce1

I am pleased you had a good day with Captain. He is a top bloke. As it stands I will not be able to go to the Boxer Beet due to duty commitments at work, alas. :(

Take care,

Huzzah!

If you are the only other Nofolk attending you will have a special prize!

Be great to see you come along.

Great stuff - numbers are growing nicely :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom