Spidi - nice suit, probably, we may never know

The main reason I chose not to renew with another Spidi is I was fed up with the outer layer getting wet. I wanted a laminated jacket that offered three season use and would be comfortable with a heated liner.
that's exactly why I'm going to replace my spidi with an armas jacket before winter.

I keep saying this, but a goretex or similar lining is a stupid idea for motorcycle clothing. Except for the manufacturers who can command higher prices for a high-tec feature which doesn't really work on a motorcycle.

Much better to get a half-decent rainproof oversuit, not much more hassle to put on than puttlng in a goretex lining.

+1 on this approach:thumb2
and means no need to do a strip tease at siude of road to put liners in!!
and if the waterproof over suit starts leaking, just buy another, rather than binning what might be a very good/expensive suit otherwise!
as for trail riding, the extra "stress" my off road gear is subject to means I use good body armour, a breathable, ventilated jacket and pants, and if its p*s*ng down, good old army surplus goretex...

As Mav has commented, when these outer garments get very wet, they also become very cold to wear. The goretex liner stops you getting wet, but the cold is most unpleasant. It is much more preferable to wear a protective over suit or jacket in extreme rain conditions.

As Mav has commented, when these outer garments get very wet, they also become very cold to wear. The goretex liner stops you getting wet, but the cold is most unpleasant. It is much more preferable to wear a protective over suit or jacket in extreme rain conditions.

......or get a Rukka Armas which works, and you don't actually need to put an oversuit on.

I was a staunch two piece touring leather suit wearer for many years....and suffered the heat, and put the oversuit on in the rain.

....neither bothered me...but I don't think you feel totally at ease in an oversuit in the rain....the bulk seems to make you feel slightly more remote...or at least I did. :nenau

My first experince of a textile suit...the BMW RP2...was full of all the well documented faults....

.....the Rukka was a revelation!!....bloody expensive!!....but it actually does work in all areas!

:thumb2

spidi venture

Just ordered this from ebay. £185, tried the jacket on at my local honda dealer where they wanted £299. Found it came up a size smaller than normal also got a pair of spidi trousers £100 cheaper than rrp total suit has come in at just over £300 with postage i'll report what it's like after a few miles has been put on it. The jacket felt pretty good quality in the shop and was well fitted, also the inner H2o liner looks more like a normal waterproof shell so can be worn separately without looking like your wrapped up in tin foil like most of the gore ones. I've used spidi gloves for years without them letting in a drop so hopefully the suit will be the same.

Attachments

• spidi_venture_grey_01.jpg
    spidi_venture_grey_01.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 305
spidi venture

Suit feels a lot lighter than my old hein gericke and more comfortable to wear. There's no velcro just zips and good quality pop studs, a good thing in my opinion i hate velcro it seems to get stuck on every lining available and looks tatty quickly. Plenty of room and adjustment available at the neck and lots of ventilation, the cuffs are not bulky and easy to get gloves over or under. I spent 40mins in heavy rain the other day and the outer didnt 'wet out' stayed nice and dry with the membrane inside and the outer dried quickly. I got the light grey colour and find it noticeably cooler than black. The suit is used daily as the bike is my main transport time will tell if it stands up as well as the gericke which served me well for the last 6 years.

H2out kit from spidi

Anymore news or reviews on this kit? Tried the jacket on today and really liked it.:thumb

Just ordered this from ebay. £185, tried the jacket on at my local honda dealer where they wanted £299. Found it came up a size smaller than normal also got a pair of spidi trousers £100 cheaper than rrp total suit has come in at just over £300 with postage i'll report what it's like after a few miles has been put on it. The jacket felt pretty good quality in the shop and was well fitted, also the inner H2o liner looks more like a normal waterproof shell so can be worn separately without looking like your wrapped up in tin foil like most of the gore ones. I've used spidi gloves for years without them letting in a drop so hopefully the suit will be the same.

Suit feels a lot lighter than my old hein gericke and more comfortable to wear. There's no velcro just zips and good quality pop studs, a good thing in my opinion i hate velcro it seems to get stuck on every lining available and looks tatty quickly. Plenty of room and adjustment available at the neck and lots of ventilation, the cuffs are not bulky and easy to get gloves over or under. I spent 40mins in heavy rain the other day and the outer didnt 'wet out' stayed nice and dry with the membrane inside and the outer dried quickly. I got the light grey colour and find it noticeably cooler than black. The suit is used daily as the bike is my main transport time will tell if it stands up as well as the gericke which served me well for the last 6 years.

I know I'm dragging up an old thread here, but was a conclusion ever reached regarding the Spidi 365 Expedition suit??

Did you ever get your hands on one OscarIndia??

If so, what's the verdict on it?

Spidi 365 Expedition vs Rukka Armas - which one to buy :confused::confused:

depends what you're using it for. The armas is fantastic through the winter...it genuinely doesn't leak at all even on the wettest of rides but it gets hot in the sun. The spidi is lovely and cool in the summer but the wet out in heavy rain is a big negative (although you stay dry inside but the jacket takes hours to dry and drips everywhere).

Back
Top Bottom