instructor

ERNEMAN

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I dont know if this is the place to put this, if in the wrong place feel free to move it or delete.

I am looking for helmet earpieces for pupils.
for the last 10 years i have been using autocom speakers that velcro inside the helmet and have tried to replace them but can not seem to get them anymore. The ones that hang over the ear are ok for 1 hour lessons but seem to be sore on the ear for longer lessons.

does any instructors in this parish know where to buy them now or what speakers are been used now to replace doug from autocoms hand built speakers.
Thanks in advance
Brian

Couldn't you use the speakers from the hanging over the ear type and just velcro them into the helmet?

In fact I'll have a look at some of mine in a minute and see if it's possible as although I admit, causing pain to some pupils on a 6hr lesson can be very rewarding it does get distracting for them:)

Try Chainspeed

I dont know if this is the place to put this, if in the wrong place feel free to move it or delete.

I am looking for helmet earpieces for pupils.
for the last 10 years i have been using autocom speakers that velcro inside the helmet and have tried to replace them but can not seem to get them anymore. The ones that hang over the ear are ok for 1 hour lessons but seem to be sore on the ear for longer lessons.

does any instructors in this parish know where to buy them now or what speakers are been used now to replace doug from autocoms hand built speakers.
Thanks in advance
Brian

Get in touch with Chainspeed, still have stocks of Autocom, failing that Ebay - Put in Motorcycle Helmet Speakers

Regards

Nigel

i already tried chainspeed and many others. it seems there not to be had anymore.
apparently doug from autocom made them up along with the whole instructors kit.
it seems i took him for granted when he was there on the end of the phone telling me how to fix my set. I sent him back an instructor set to which he said it should go in the bin but he still sent it back to me like new for a few years more service and not much money.
If anyone finds a replacement let me know. in the mean time i will attempt to build my own

cheers anyway guys

Have you tried Wild Talk based in York? They do a variety of headsets, the McKay ones have changable adaptors for most radios.

Back
Top Bottom