Spada Fahrenheit Heated Jacket

Deadskin

Reaction score
Has anyone got one of these jacket's, Ride Mag had good things to say about it and just wondered if anyone on this board has one.

Gates

Spada Jackets

:)
Yep, Ive got one.

Hanging up in the garage at this moment, blue/grey, its my second , had a red/black...had to send it back as the liner(heated) had burnt a line across my back....the replacement heated liner i now put inside whatever im wearing on the day, i improvised by using vellcro as tightener.....nice jackets, but still let the rain in through the middle after a hour or so....... :smokeboun

Cheers for the reply
Don't fancy getting barbecue'd though :rolleyes:
Did you sue for the burns ?
Where's the Bilko avatar :D

Gates

Aviatar?

;) .
Ferradax uk (i think was their name), gave me a new jacket + the cost price £200 as compensation, as my doctor took a photo and confirmed i had a burn....1999/2000 ish.
also, wots an aviatar other than a pilot ?.............:smokeboun

So Cooooool !!!!!!!

:D Brill !
Unfurtunitly im a complete computer nurd - a Neandalthan with fingers like bananas....is it possible for paul g to transplant the photo to my avaitor ?........:confused:

Save picture to My Pictures in your Docs
it's already 80x80 , user control /edit options schroll down to add avatar /browse to My pictures find the pic /open then submit.

Bingo:D

Nice one m8!

:D :D :D
Thanks g.-- i owe u a cooooool beer :beerjug: ..now all i need to learn is how to keep the wife happy !........ummmmm :smokeboun

Yes both the missus and me have one they are not bad although they are not as good as the Chilli heated waist coats we also have. I use mine for commuting to work in the winter but when we are touring we use the Chilli Jackets. The problem with the Spada jackets is to get the benifit from the heated lining you cannot put on a sweat shirt or fleece on underneath the jacket. With the chilli a the options are endless, they also get warmer. I came down from Skye in the snow the Christmas befor last it was -7degC over Glencoe in daylight and -10degC over Shap Fell in the dark (a mate was following in a Shogun with outside temp guage). The Chilli was great as long as I kept the speed down to around 65mph I could still feel my fingers and toes (No heated Grips).
We got our Spada's in a sale at £90 each so it was no more expensive than an un heated jacket.

If you are going serious distance in cold weather go for the Chilli they also roll up small to carry for those chilly spring and autum evenings.

Roger

Cheers Roger + Ernie
So from what i gather it's either getting burnt alive and wet or freezing don't think i'll bother :(

Gates

Spada heated jacket

I've got one,and I think it's so great I want to sell it,I'll give you £100 and you take it away!
Errrr actually mine is alleged to be from a later batch,and the wiring elements inside the heated liner are supposed to have been improved/modified,it's just surplus to requirements now (my kids poke fun at the colour mismatch of this blue/black/grey jacket and my new silver GS adventure) so if anyone wants it-colours as above size XL,£80 takes it.:beer:

Back
Top Bottom