Are they obsolete

works perfectly on the bike strange but true :D
Doesn't like being in a tin box, just like me !!!

works perfectly on the bike strange but true :D
Doesn't like being in a tin box, just like me !!!

You don't drive Peugeot by any chance :nenau

They, especially the non base models, and some other cars have a metallised coating on the windscreen to reflect heat/sun. This plays havoc with the GPS signal pretty well blocking it entirely. I think heated windscreens also effect reception but not quite as badly.

With a metallised windscreen, and maybe with a heated one (I can use my 2720 in our Alhambra, which has a heated windscreen, but it's slightly less reponsive), you'll probably need an external antenna and the Quest/2610/2720/2820, being older models, have less sensitive GPS receiver chips which makes this effect even worse.

Now you come to mention it
It was ok on my jeep when I went to wales
Used it in the Picasso ( not Peugeot but French all the same )
and keeps loosing sat sig Even ex aerial didn't stop it
Good news, thought it was fooked :beerjug:
Apparently not :D it lives on

Last edited:
got my antenna from maplin, works fine with the quest I and it's mounted UNDER the beak - so not even visible.

Gives better reception than the standard antenna, and the only time it's been 'lost' was at the top of a swiss mountain with clear blue skies (not a cloud in sight). I recokon it was getting too much data!:augie

Rubbish it was Switzerland and they charge for everything and you hadn't paid to get GPS reception in Switzerland ;-)

Back
Top Bottom