pannier inner bags

stever1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi folks, can anyone recommend anything to use as inner pannier bags, i have looked at the BMW ones and they must be joking, £150 a pair.

Liners

I've been looking for a while,on our forum recently,Sainsburys cool bags £9.99 was recommended, I hav'nt had chance to go to a Sainsburys,none very local.I have always in the past, taken clear strong freezer bags, they last for two weeks camping, either option is a lot cheaper than £150.00:cool:

Try Bags2Cover.

I got two bags made for the custom alloy panniers on my bike and they cost me £58.43 including shipping. Just sent them the dimensions of each box.

Recommended.

Rob

Kathy's from Chainspeed that I use on my Varios. Very good quality and lifetime warranty.

Much as I love my big GS it seems that if you mention BMW the price of accessories goes up. I'm not doubting the quality as there is some very nice stuff out there, but come on.

Seems that you can't use "cheap" and BMW in the same sentence

What ever happened to a bargain

Hi folks, can anyone recommend anything to use as inner pannier bags, i have looked at the BMW ones and they must be joking, £150 a pair.

You don't say what bike you have or what pannier system you use, but Maine Event are quite good quality and reasonably priced.
The BMW items, though expensive are top quality, (though I paid about £30 used).

Panniers always leak so I use B&Q or Screwfix rubble bags in the Ali panniers. Not fancy but cheap and they work. Carry a few spare bags to protect sleeping bags or to seperate wet clothes if you ever get rain! Suffolk will soon be a desert!
Cheers

Try your nearest Hein Gericke.... £28 for a pair of cordura bags with a carry handle... perfect for Touratech/Verns/BMW ally panniers....The'yd probably be fine in Vario's as well.... take your bike down to check :thumb

May not be that Gucci but who cares at that price ;)

Mate look up my post ref sainsburys cookie bags, I've just been through a hurricane in sw Wales and not a drop of water passed, 9.99 with 25% off atvmoment, trust me they're brilliant

I've recently seen some nice waterproof Ortlieb type ones with a roll down top but I can't find them now. Anyone seen them?

These Ortlieb Liner Dry Bags look good but I doubt that the nylon would last very long rubbing against the inner gubbings of the pannier?

OrtliebDryBagPS10_liner_2010.jpg

Try your nearest Hein Gericke.... £28 for a pair of cordura bags with a carry handle... perfect for Touratech/Verns/BMW ally panniers....The'yd probably be fine in Vario's as well.... take your bike down to check :thumb

May not be that Gucci but who cares at that price ;)

Do you have a link to these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160607288731&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I just got these. I must admit I wasn't sure what I was getting as they are very cheap and the listing a little vague, but took a chance.
They are probably most similar to the Mane Event bags I have for my K in terms of construction and quality. Zips look a little lightweight but I won't be using them every day so should be Ok if I take care. Dealing with the seller was absolutely no problem and they came properly packaged (from Turkey) via DHL.
Even s/hand BMW ones go for 3 or 4 times what I paid for these so if you see these on Ebay I would not dismiss them. They also appear to do bags for other BMWs, FJRs etc.

Vario Pannier Bags

Iv'e just got a pair of these of e-bay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VARIO-BMW-R1200GS-F650GS-F800GS-PANNIER-LINER-BAGS-EXP-/220796648795?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3368817d5b
good quality and expandable with the panniers and got them within 2 days
cheers C'n'C:thumb

Hello,

Are these the liners/bags you bought and if so, how have they shaped up in use? Have they proved to be any good? Thanks.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VARIO-BMW-R1200GS-F650GS-F800GS-PANNIER-LINER-BAGS-EXP-/220963156810?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item33726e334a

Back
Top Bottom