17/19th Sept anyone know of a rally?

Henry Mawson

Reaction score
I'm looking for a rally to go to this weekend and wondered if anyone knew of one. It really needs to be within 300 miles of Calais as the gorgeous Kirst hasn't ridden overseas before so we want to take it easy.
Cheers peeps
HENRY

17/09/2004 to 19/09/2004
Reunion Treffen in Eeklo - East Flanders
Touristic rideout fully signposted +/- 107 km. Registration: 5 € in the Sparrenhof Hall on Saturday 18 September : From 8 uur tot 16hrs Prizes with 12 cups to win at 21h00 then party with live band. Camping possible from Friday to Sunday info: Tel +32 498/30.25.44 or email ctc.aalst@pandora.be

EEklo is about half way between Bruges and Antwerp so I reckon about an hour and a half tops from Calais. Places to visit - Bruges(Touristy but quite nice to stroll aorund the canals and old town) , Ypres(WW1 battle fields and Flanders field museum) , Antwerp (Big city much like any other but worth a look if you like shops)and Gent(same as Antwrep but smaller) . It's very flat so nothing too challenging on the riding front and the rideout , should you choose to do it, would be quite leisurely and is fully signposted .

I don't know anything about this rally - it's just I saw it advertised and you were looking. Most of the Belgium rallies are good boozy affairs and pretty easy going. You are unlikely to feel unwelcome or intimidated and the majority of the local hard looking dudes are real pussycats and I'm sure after a couple of Belgium beers you'll be speaking Flemish like a local anyway. I'd offer to come down and say hello but I'm likely to be somewhere down in the Alps then so maybe check in with Belgium John or Richie , or GSPep . They all live not too far away from there.

Cheers
Gecko

Nope...sorry Steve....heading to the hills this time. Can't do both. However I may be coming over in the car for work soon so if I have some dates I'll drop you a note and leave some baccy with Annie :D I have something from Missus Gecko for Annie which I need to drop off.

Sorry Henry, thought it was bloomin obvious, 17th-18th September, looking for a rally.... Princetown!

Henry Mawson said:
Cheers Gecko,
I've reserved us a ticket- well two actually before any of the more anally retentive start hi-jacking the post.
HENRY

Hope it's a good one :beer: I look forward to a full rally report in due course. If by chance I get back from the Alps early I'll come down and see if I can find you :beerjug:

I'm easy enough to find. Pissed, loud, very loud clothing, leather cut-off with "Hardly Enjoyable Tours" emblasoned across the back, ratty GS 1100 with loads of Touratechie bits plus a 30ltr GSA tank. Fortunately because it is ahead of the Cambrian i will be walking. Kirsten will be accompanying me on her Africa Twin, which is why we are not doing Princetown. Kirst has never ridden abroad before so we thought we settle that. I love going away. just thought i would put that in. Anyway, hope to see you there.
HENRY

Back
Top Bottom