Changing Gear

GreatScott

Reaction score
Any tips on changing gear with Moto x boots?

I have new TCX boots, my first moto x type boot and ride a 1200GS. As much as I like them I find changing up a gear is not a natural movement and often miss a gear. Getting the boot properly under the level is a tight fit and the most effect way is to use the edge of the boot. Is there a solution?

Should I reposition the level, lower the peg if I do will I experience a difficulty down shifting or will I get used to it?

Cheers

Hamish

As a first move, pull out the footpeg rubbers and raise the gearchange lever one spline. That should help a lot. It might mean that you have to slightly lift your foot off the peg to tap the lever down when you change down but you'll get used to it. On the other hand, you might not...... :)

As a first move, pull out the footpeg rubbers and raise the gearchange lever one spline. That should help a lot. It might mean that you have to slightly lift your foot off the peg to tap the lever down when you change down but you'll get used to it. On the other hand, you might not...... :)

Cheers I'll give it a go. Thanks :thumb

Using BMW moto x boots on an adv, I found raising the gear lever one spline did the trick.

I have new TCX boots, my first moto x type boot ....

They will loosen up a bit :thumb

(I had to lift gearlever when first got boots, but have since changed bikes a couple of times and haven't had to bother adjusting)

If there's a decent edge to the sole of the boot, you can use the side of the boot to change up. :thumb

As a first move, pull out the footpeg rubbers and raise the gearchange lever one spline.

Works a treat ! :thumb2 Run out to Wessons Cafe for coffee and a bacon buttie. 100 mile or so and no problem. A drop of teflon dry lube on the squeaky bits also worked a treat. Now to get them proper dirty - that's what I bought them for after all.

For those of you who might be interested you need an E8 torx spanner to adjust the gear lever

Back
Top Bottom