1150 Supercharger

I think the dyno charts are on here somewhere........ anyway 147bhp at back wheel and 100ftlbs torque, it makes more torque than the standard engine at the lowest rpm!

It'll be spring time before I get some on bike or following footage.....

Allow me.....

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UlVA1Gg-HiQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Winter Mods

I've been making a few changes over the winter tying to avoid the telly and the drinks cabinet....

Boost gauge pod attached by Dremeling, glass fibre, aluminium mesh and plastic padding all covered in satin black, silver showed too many imperfections, either that or my painting had improved by the 6th attempt!

Intercooler modified with a rounded bottom as the flat bottom occaisionaly decked out........

Just waiting for a new rear shock and some money for tyres to fit on to black R1150RT alloys. Should be done before April

Attachments

• Cockpit1.jpg
    Cockpit1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 511
  • Cockpit2.jpg
    Cockpit2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 514
  • Cockpit3.jpg
    Cockpit3.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 509
  • Intercooler after.jpg
    Intercooler after.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 495
Missed this the first time around. Very interesting indeed. Want one! I'd love to see a video of the bike on full chat if possible. The cast wheels will make it look great and allow fitment of wider rubber. The RT wheels will limit you to a 5" rear which will mean 170 section rear tyre. Better to try and find a 5.5" rim which was an option on the R1100S - that will allow a 180 section rear. I'd also seriously consider a shock upgrade to either Ohlins, Wilbers, Nitron or HyperPro - it will make a huge difference to the handling.

I'd really really love to see this bike. Would you mind if I dropped you a PM when I'm next heading North on a bike trip?:thumb

I'm not one for Internet speak, but... OMFG!! I want one

Cheers, Simon

With great power comes great responsibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

Thinking about this more - your top speed is currently limited by the gearbox and final drive gearing. I seem to remember working out that a standard GS with overdrive "E" top gear would hit 137mph at 8000 rpm - pretty close to your 140mph. If you want to go faster consider fitting the final drive from an R1100S. You might hit 150mph:):thumb

Dr Alf, by all means drop me a PM. I work from home when not travelling so you might get lucky!

With regards to the wheels, I've gone cast because I've been warned that there is probably too much power for a spoked wheel, no issues yet and I check them regularly but if you've ever seen a video of a wheel collapse it's not pretty. I don't really want wider, I don't want to slow the steering up any more than I have to.

As for the top speed, 140mph felt like I was pushing the bike a little hard, but it had to be done. It didn't rev out completely so it was the aerodynamics that took over, therefore I don't think it would pull a taller final drive. Maybe I need more power...... :bluesn2s

Funny that you say that about not pulling a higher FD... I found that mine cut out on the limiter in 5th but would slow down if I used 6th, so I got an 1100S FD & found that miles better. Extended each gear slightly & stopped hitting the limiter in 5th. Stopped having to change gear like a 2-stroke as well... ;)

It didn't rev out completely so it was the aerodynamics that took over, therefore I don't think it would pull a taller final drive.

Ahh but it might. If it was well over the peak of the horsepower curve it might well pull a higher gear which would enable it to go faster on the peak of the curve. However, I can imagine 140 being pretty sketchy. I've found that at three figure speeds on a 1200, the air tends to get under the beak and create some lift when you're flicking from lean to lean.

Any update on the 1150 blower? Did you fit the wheels? Is it still running? Very keen to see this bike in action!!!:thumby:

Yes, still going strong, another couple of thousand miles last year, no issues. Did a tour of Scotland and the Le Mans 24 hr classic. I've fitted black R1150RT wheels, I like the looks a lot and Santa bought me a bike cam so when the weather gets better I might try and post a non incriminating video.
The best discovery of 2014 was Power Pour. I had a can in my top box for three years just in case I couldn't get any super unleaded and I had to use it in Scotland. It completely transformed the bike, it turns a tank of 95 octane in to 103 but it's pricey so I'm going to experiment with super unleaded and half a can and also tesco momentum 99.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/7346730@N06/15214376557/

Back
Top Bottom