1150 Supercharger

clivewhilde

Reaction score
TTS are nearly finished........ 3 more kits being made in parallel (ask for Richard), more photos of the finished article hopefully v soon!!! Very different to the two done in the past, much more compact and better design.
Its a 2002 1150GS already modified with Adventure tank sprayed in blue and white by Altamura, Megamoto 17" front rim built around original hub by Paul Jackson, rebuilt shock by Firefox, Xenon, Remus, Y piece, power commander.......

Attachments

• DSC02612.JPG
    DSC02612.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 2,873
  • DSC02613.JPG
    DSC02613.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 2,833
  • DSC02614.JPG
    DSC02614.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 2,840
  • Image0080.jpg
    Image0080.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 2,826
Dyno Results

:likeit What sort of figures does it give ?

Just finished on the dyno last night - I got the call to say that she made 147bhp at 8000rpm - unbelievable as we were hoping for around 120. Also have 100ftlbs of torque from 5500rpm where the origonal torque curve started to dip.

Picking the bike up Thursday so more pictures after that.......

I got the call to say that she made 147bhp at 8000rpm - unbelievable as we were hoping for around 120

:eek::eek:

Saw one once in 2007 a TTS job

He made it 2000 miles to Garmisch and back in one peice, once he opened it up on the Autobahn..............we never saw him for hours:bounce1

Just finished on the dyno last night - I got the call to say that she made 147bhp at 8000rpm - unbelievable as we were hoping for around 120. Also have 100ftlbs of torque from 5500rpm where the origonal torque curve started to dip.

Picking the bike up Thursday so more pictures after that.......

Blimey that is impressive, I got in touch with them directly as I'm very interested in this option as opposed to a 12

Let me know how it rides if you get a minute please, thanks.

I'll buy some shares in clutch and drive shaft manufacturers :thumb

I'll buy some shares in clutch and drive shaft manufacturers :thumb

That is my one big concern, I don;t know how the rest of the transmission will stand up to it, clutch easily enough resolved, but the rest of the driveline is probably a bigger issue.
What sort of limits do you think it would cope with Neil ? I know my BCR was around 100, but that'll have been at the crank.

More Supercharger Info

So far so good. The clutch let go at 106bhp on the dyno during the build, it had been slipping a bit off fast starts last year so I shouldn't have been surprised. Richard at TTS knows a chap local to Silverstone who races BMW twins so he got me a race clutch at cost which was really good of him. TTS have done two other bikes that made around 120bhp and absolutely no issues. One of the kits was removed to sell the bike and the other is still going round the world according to Richard. This kit makes more because TTS have really improved their understanding of the set-up and design. The fabrication is amazing and the packaging is very neat. The noise is phenomenal - Think 100 squirrels in a liquidiser with an attack helicopter in the background.
If you want to go nuts the front wheel will stay light when accelerating hard in third and I've seen just over 140mph on the clocks (132mph on the sat nav). I haven't yet got the balls to open it wide in 1st or 2nd but that's not the point really. The beauty of this mod is that you can make better than standard GS progress on a whiff of throttle and have plenty in reserve. There's no winding it up, just open the throttle and it's there.
I did it because I wanted something different and love my bike so didn't want to change it. The Adventure tank and 17" spoked front wheel are also great mods that make this GS very special to me. It's not for everybody obviously but then life would be boring were all the same!
You will need to run super unleaded and I'll post some average mpgs when I've done a few tanks.
Darren who did the build at TTS rode it back to back with a Ducati Multistrada and said the Duke felt flat by comparison - praise indeed!!!
Richard has made 3 more kits so get your wallets out!!!
I'll post some more pictures and a pdf of the before and after dyno...
I'll also let you know if anything breaks!!!

Attachments

• Image0278.jpg
    Image0278.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 2,321
  • Image0281.jpg
    Image0281.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 2,314
  • Image0277.jpg
    Image0277.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 2,305
  • Image0282.jpg
    Image0282.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 2,297
  • dyno bmw2.pdf
    67.3 KB · Views: 327
It's something I'd definitely think about instead of selling my GSA a few years down the line if it turns out not to be stupidly impractical. Will await Clive's experiences.

Why not just buy a Sports bike and you'll get all the other bits thrown in without having to resort to rebuilds?

ah...

Why not just buy a Sports bike and you'll get all the other bits thrown in without having to resort to rebuilds?
but wheres the fun in that???
Having a gs blast away from a sports bike, now thats fun..

You might be spot on with that especially with an S1000RR in the garage!!! However I don't fit on one of those, way too tall and too much back ache. Just wanted something a bit different...... Maybe I've watched Mad Max too many times....... not Beyond the Thunderdome obviously :blast

You might be spot on with that especially with an S1000RR in the garage!!! However I don't fit on one of those, way too tall and too much back ache. Just wanted something a bit different...... Maybe I've watched Mad Max too many times....... not Beyond the Thunderdome obviously :blast

how much more or less does the kit cost

The cost of the kit was £4K +VAT but this was a development kit. Three more were made on the back of it so not sure what Richard would be selling them for.

My insurance has gone up by £200/year but this takes in to account the cost of the supercharger so the agreed bike value is £9500.

I really need to do a trial run riding "normally" rather than enjoying the new found power to get a high end mpg figure. I've done 3 tanks of fuel so far and have been averaging 32-33 mpg. Now this doesn't sound great but you have to consider that I was only ever getting 38-40 mpg before the conversion. I shall try and do 100 miles on gentle throttle openings and changing up early to see what can be achieved.

Back
Top Bottom