Thread: One of the Hograost trail rides.

North Wales TRF Click here to find out how to Subscribe

One of the Hograost trail rides.

Folks, Bakerman has asked me to assist in the running of the trail rides, so sure I can help.
    The ride I (riding my 650XC) will do will be aimed at 650cc machines, fitted with minimum TKC80/MT21 tyres. This ride may not be suitable for boxer engined GS machines, though should an experienced off road rider wish to join, then no problem.
    My ride will max out at 8 riders on a first come first served basis.

The ride will be run to the TRF code of conduct listed below, and no bike shall display any race numbers. Stunt jockeys and wheelie heroes are not welcome.

OK, please put your name to this thread should you want to join the ride, please include what bike you will be using.

I am not yet familiar with the area, but will be travelling to the area early to do a recce and record a loop. If anyone has a marked map I could use form the recce, please drop me a PM. Hopefully I arrive in Andover on Wednesday 29th June so could collect the map sheet then, giving me Thrusday and Friday to recce.

The TRF Code of Conduct

Use only vehicular rights of way.
    Trail riding is only lawful on public roads. If in doubt, check with the Highway
    Authority or the TRF. Motorcycles and riders must be road-legal. Green lanes
    are subject to the same laws as surfaced roads.

Keep to the defined way across farmland.
    Wheels can damage crops and grass. Wandering from the road onto farmland
    or moorland is trespassing.

Give way to walkers, horses and cyclists.
    As a courtesy, On narrow lanes, stop and switch off engines.

Fasten gates to safeguard stock.
    Except those tied open for farming purposes. An open gate invites animals to
    stray, endangering themselves, and crops or traffic.

Travel at a safe speed.
    Ride at a reasonable speed, taking regard of conditions and visibility. This
    should not exceed the voluntary maximum of 25mph.

Ride quietly.
    Machines must be effectively silenced. Use the throttle with discretion, as
    noise does offend. Green lanes are subject to the same laws as surfaced
    roads.

Honour the country code.
    Respect the countryside and those who live, work and play in it. Green lanes
    can be valuable habitats, so take special care in spring and early summer.

Acknowledge the presence of other green lane users
    With a friendly wave or other suitable gesture.

Timpo.

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
    Give way to walkers, horses and cyclists.
    As a courtesy, On narrow lanes, stop and switch off engines.

You'd better add Tanks to the list of things to give way to.
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
    This ride may not be suitable for boxer engined GS machines, .

Stunt jockeys and wheelie heroes are not welcome.

With a suitable gesture, i.e.
    Timpo.
    Bollux, thats me counted out then