Number plate storage unit

You are just sooooooo funny!

By my reckoning you spend at least an hour in the 1200 section a day. That's real dedication to your art!

You sound like a teenage girl:D but for what it's worth the 1200 section is thankfully hidden from my view:thumb

Hi guys, right I've dug up all my initial costings to produce these which are a few years old and started updating the numbers which I have available. I stripped the prototype from my bike last night, took a few pics to illustrate fitting and weighed it. All the details are as follows::drums

Size: 9" x 7.5" x 70mm (Deep)
Weight 832g
Material: 1.5mm Aluminium (5251Grade)
Hinges: Heavy duty Polymide Plastic - S/S pin and screws
Lock: High Security Camlock
Paint: Full polyester powder coating. Resistant to fading in the sun and very tough.
Colour: Black (May offer other colours in future on request)
Seal: Neoprene (Note: water ingress at entry is removed via "U" section before reaching seal.)
Water proof rating:IP55 (Electrical rating)

The unit is precision machine bent, hand welded and powder coated in an automated machine. The hinges and lock are heavy duty and the waterproof level is very high. Not had a single drop in mine in 3 years use!
The manufacturing cost, which is yet to finalised as I'm waiting on the confirmation for the base unit manufacturing cost, will be around the £80 - £90 mark. That figure is based on ordering 25 units which I'll do if I receive at least 10 orders. If I can get say 20 definate orders then i'll increase the batch order to 50 which will drop the manufacturing cost further thus cheaper and so on. The bigger the order the cheaper I can do it for. There is an almost definite chance that i will be able to get that down a few bob more as i source better deals on the lock and hinges but best to quote the top end figure now and come down rather than leaving myself short. I'll detail the cost as soon as i have the information and the expected lead time on units. It will be manufactured to the highest standard and the quality of the box is top notch and will be good enough to be fitted for the lifetime of the bike, unlike my hepco and becker pannier frames which are rusting. How does that sound guys?:thumb

Used existing Plate holes, just put a bit of silicone around each hole for extra sealing with 3 Stainless nuts and bolts which i'll provide...You can either silicone your plate to the box or drill it using the existing holes and plastic screws which is what I did. :spl1f:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,280
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,277
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 1,277
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,268
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,259
That looks to be big enough to put a Starcom in and a pmr radio.Thats the trouble with the F800gs no underseat stowage.Put my name down :beerjug:

im a definate for one of these please,add my name to your list please:beerjug:

I think it's ideal for a PMR. The storage on later GSA's is pants. Just a thought, it'd be easy to add an aerial mount, like the tab on this one.

Attachments

• aerial plate.jpg
    aerial plate.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,206
  • Basic.jpg
    Basic.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,203
Hi guys, right I've dug up all my initial costings to produce these which are a few years old and started updating the numbers which I have available. I stripped the prototype from my bike last night, took a few pics to illustrate fitting and weighed it. All the details are as follows::drums

Size: 9" x 7.5" x 70mm (Deep)
Weight 832g
Material: 1.5mm Aluminium (5251Grade)
Hinges: Heavy duty Polymide Plastic - S/S pin and screws
Lock: High Security Camlock
Paint: Full polyester powder coating. Resistant to fading in the sun and very tough.
Colour: Black (May offer other colours in future on request)
Seal: Neoprene (Note: water ingress at entry is removed via "U" section before reaching seal.)
Water proof rating:IP55 (Electrical rating)

The unit is precision machine bent, hand welded and powder coated in an automated machine. The hinges and lock are heavy duty and the waterproof level is very high. Not had a single drop in mine in 3 years use!
The manufacturing cost, which is yet to finalised as I'm waiting on the confirmation for the base unit manufacturing cost, will be around the £80 - £90 mark. That figure is based on ordering 25 units which I'll do if I receive at least 10 orders. If I can get say 20 definate orders then i'll increase the batch order to 50 which will drop the manufacturing cost further thus cheaper and so on. The bigger the order the cheaper I can do it for. There is an almost definite chance that i will be able to get that down a few bob more as i source better deals on the lock and hinges but best to quote the top end figure now and come down rather than leaving myself short. I'll detail the cost as soon as i have the information and the expected lead time on units. It will be manufactured to the highest standard and the quality of the box is top notch and will be good enough to be fitted for the lifetime of the bike, unlike my hepco and becker pannier frames which are rusting. How does that sound guys?:thumb

Used existing Plate holes, just put a bit of silicone around each hole for extra sealing with 3 Stainless nuts and bolts which i'll provide...You can either silicone your plate to the box or drill it using the existing holes and plastic screws which is what I did. :spl1f:

Is the plate light still throwing enough light down??

Is the plate light still throwing enough light down??/QUOTE]

I asked the question at the MOT station and he was fine with it as I had thought about that myself. Its been through two MOT's since it has been fitted without even a mention on the second one. Mine was fitted to a 1200GS and you can still see the plate but I suppose it also depends on the set up on other bikes. I'm looking at an option to run a 12v supply to the unit for charging mobile kit an could look at adding an additional lighting kit to the unit if required. I'm open to ideas and add-on's as the unit is still in development. Hope this helps:thumb:thumb

**Update: I've received the figures from the manufacturer tonight on the production price at different quantities. I just have to confirm the source and price of the lock in the morning then I should be able to give a definite price. :JB

Hi Guys, I can now offer officially the first batch of "Registration plate storage boxes" for £84 + p&p cost. :clap If I receive 10 or more orders i'll go for 25 units from the manufacturer. If I get 20+ orders then I'll up the order to 50 which will drop the price to £81 + p&p cost. Whatever doesn't sell on here I'll stick on Fleabay for £99. :thumb If you live within riding distance and fancy collecting the item in person then thats ok with me, I could fit the box before you head off (Near J20 M62 Manchester or at my parents house in Syston, Leicester)

If you wish to order one of these units please could you mail me with your details so I've got some definite numbers to work with. I don't know how to do it but could we have an official list on here to make it easier for people to see the numbers being ordered, assume its just a cut and paste thing and add your name to the list:nenau I will be able to give you a delivery date when I place the order for the units.

Again thanks guys for all your interest in this product, i'm very proud of the way the it has turned! I extremely confident you will not be disappointed in the quality, durability and general usefullness of the box. Cheers, Mark.:beerjug:

Order list::rolllaugh
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

Hi Guys, I can now offer officially the first batch of "Registration plate storage boxes" for £84 + p&p cost. :clap If I receive 10 or more orders i'll go for 25 units from the manufacturer. If I get 20+ orders then I'll up the order to 50 which will drop the price to £81 + p&p cost. Whatever doesn't sell on here I'll stick on Fleabay for £99. :thumb If you live within riding distance and fancy collecting the item in person then thats ok with me, I could fit the box before you head off (Near J20 M62 Manchester or at my parents house in Syston, Leicester)

If you wish to order one of these units please could you mail me with your details so I've got some definite numbers to work with. I don't know how to do it but could we have an official list on here to make it easier for people to see the numbers being ordered, assume its just a cut and paste thing and add your name to the list:nenau I will be able to give you a delivery date when I place the order for the units.

Again thanks guys for all your interest in this product, i'm very proud of the way the it has turned! I extremely confident you will not be disappointed in the quality, durability and general usefullness of the box. Cheers, Mark.:beerjug:

1:Karlp
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

Like it but a pity I cannot fit one on a standard 1200GS with varios.

As a previous post said without the GSA bracing bar it's a non-starter.

Like it but a pity I cannot fit one on a standard 1200GS with varios.

As a previous post said without the GSA bracing bar it's a non-starter.

Hi mate, I agree that with out the bar, overloading it with lots of heavy items such as tools would be putting undue stress on the mount but due to the lightness of the unit and the use for what it was aimed at then I genuinely dont think it would be an issue. Spare bulbs, tyre guage, first aid kit, spare oil, hi-vis vest, documents, starcom etc are all pretty lightweight. I've run it with a full bag of tools and spares in it a few times over the years with no problems but I do have the H&B panniers which do have a cross member.

If you wanted to take a look and get an idea of the weight and see how light it is then I'd be happy for you to return it if you find that its not suitable for your needs.:moped::thumb

No worries mate.:thumb

Same goes to anybody that orders one of these. If you feel its not what you require upon reciept then i'd be happy to refund your money.... but i'm absolutely positive you wont be disappointed. Cheers, Mark:coold

2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

:bounce1Hi guys, just had a mail from the supplier (My step father...lol) and I've just found out that the lock for the prototype was priced into the original costings so i can reduce it to £79 and £76 for orders of 25/50 respectively + p&p, which from my ebaying experiences should be around the £4.50 mark for mainland UK deliveries. How does this sound to you guys?

:bounce1Hi Guys, I can now offer officially the first batch of "Registration plate storage boxes" for £79 + p&p cost. If I receive 10 or more orders i'll go for 25 units from the manufacturer. If I get 20+ orders then I'll up the order to 50 which will drop the price to £76 + p&p cost. Whatever doesn't sell on here I'll stick on Fleabay for £99. If you live within riding distance and fancy collecting the item in person then thats ok with me, I could fit the box before you head off (Near J20 M62 Manchester or at my parents house in Syston, Leicester)

If you wish to order one of these units please could you mail me with your details, address etc, so I've got some definite numbers to work with. I don't know how to do it but could we have an official list on here to make it easier for people to see the numbers being ordered, assume its just a cut and paste thing and add your name to the list I will be able to give you a delivery date when I place the order for the units.

Again thanks guys for all your interest in this product, i'm very proud of the way the it has turned! I'm confident you will not be disappointed in the quality, durability and general usefullness of the box. Cheers, Mark.:thumb2

Order list:
2:Autogs
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:

Back