Honda XL125V Varadero

Straydog

Reaction score
Anyone had any experiences with this bike? I am thinking of getting my wife one (6 foot tall).
She did her CBT/mod 1 on GS650 G, and and found the size about right, the smaller CBR 125 are just too tiny, she wants a bike about that size to build her confidence and to commute until she feels confident enough for a 650 or the 800.

Varadero

Got one when I first did my CBT and used it for commuting to work(50 mile round trip) for a few months. Good first bike that will happily sit at 70 with good fuel economy. Best bit for me was being 6'4" it didn't look like I was on a 125.

Still have it in the garage and and occasionally use it for commute. Hoping my better half will do her CBT and use it but not holding my breath :confused:

My son had one as his first bike. He is pretty tall, 6ft +, and found the Varadero ideal. I used to use the bike around town. Great bike for commuting. Some folk couldn't believe that it was only a "125"

They're expensive but should keep their value.

Definately recommended.

Kaycee

I had one delivered the day I did my CBT. Feels like a substantial bike and visually it appears so. It was a great commuter. I did my CBT in the January and rode it for 5 months until I took my test in the May.

You can see from the photo below that it is not much smaller than the 800. At 5' 7" I had no trouble getting on or off it.

2788157910_d851e1c7f0_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom