Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanks

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    If you do move to Wales, Sid..............it'll be a bit more central and IF you want to carry it on, i'm sure you will have overwhelming support for any future event that you care to put on, for the good of UKGSERS
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by sycomoto View Post
    On Saturday night we could have cut yer fingers off and you wouldn't have noticed
    He would have wondered why his glass kept falling out of his hand though But what a star, it was over two hours work for Sumprat to and his co-stars just to prepare breakfast for everyone. As a pro-brekkie man I'm eternally greatful
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

It's a sad thought that maybe some folk looked at the weather and just couldn't be arsed to attend. Or just changed their minds without consideration for the work that had been put in to organising the weekend and the fact that food had been purchased for 50 bodies. Mostly effoff big bodies wanting loads of grub. You should have seen the amount required, it beggars belief. I admit that it was an awful hardship dashing betweeen buildings lulls in the rain.

It was also good quality grub, fantastic full english breakfast and I think that I counted five different curries on the Friday night, including two veggie options (how thoughtful is that?), plus enough rice to feed to feed a small African town for a week. I'd been organically analyzing the beer for some time so may need correcting. So the price list was I think £6 for breakfast, £5 for curry/BBQ. The folk that attended from Friday afternoon enjoyed Friday curry, Saturdfay breakfast, lunch, evening BBQ and Sunday breakfast. Plus endless amount of free tea and coffee.

Is it only me that thinks the no shows would be doing the honourable thing by holding up their hands and contributing around £30.00. They could of course double it to assuage their nagging feelings of guilt. Of course human nature being what it is.......................................

Sid, you have to do what is right for you and your family. I would like to put it on record that I thoroughly enjoyed my first and hopefully not my last Airhead WeeKend. The camaraderie (sp?) was excellent. I too would be happy to travel early and help with the organisation and Wales sounds good as it's about a 100 miles closer for me My 18,500 mile March '10 purchased R60/2 is now a 21,000+ mile bike.

Re the ever so slightly pink bike I saw Rob working on the wiring and when hat work stopped with wires still hanging off I assumed that a problem had been encountered. Never assume anything. Apologies for not asking if there was anything that could be done to it. I'm quite good with a hammer you know
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

Sid, was at FIRST one I think.

As said before you- knee-ca event, loved it, guys rebuilding my bike for free.

As for honesty boxes, do`nt change things, there as folks do pay more

Just get money up front £30 should cover, then they can do as wish.

I was on the reserve list, and was desperatly trying to get there.

Outfit sorted, camping gear etc and scones.

Mrs B is in Ireland, I was left wife a daughter just returned from a beach fest for 3 days , one with a broken leg and now a son with hand badly cut, A&E EXETER etc

So rat shite and almost left all and came down Saturday late to turn around and return Sunday morning, first thing, as so wanted to turnup

I`m in the hands of the weather with THE HOGRAOST as BANDS £2,750 before all the rest, TENT etc.

But folks have a great time as they do and did with you.

KEEP UP THE good work

£30 up front no refund and CUT OFF at 60 taking in the reserves and you will get 50 turn up and cash to cover your hardwork.

Charity tin keep seperate from your personal costs, most important as you have no bussiness to cover your back.

Quote Originally Posted by BAKERMAN View Post

KEEP UP THE good work

£30 up front no refund and CUT OFF at 60 taking in the reserves and you will get 50 turn up and cash to cover your hard work.

Charity tin keep separate from your personal costs, most important as you have no business to cover your back.
    +1 except Sid isn't looking to cover his hard work, just the money that he spent so that as much as possible goes to the supported charity.
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

Sid I'd be more than happy to contribute towards any running of the event (including a retro payment for this one!)

I would say that Anyone going to the event Would be MORE than Willing to Contribute....... to be able to Share in the wealth of Knowledge and the Camaraderie of the airheads(owners and Bikes) that would be there and to the overpowering scent of cider infused wee and curry scented farts that would permeate the lower areas of the workshop!

Like I was one that wished more than anything that I could go but I ended up Marshalling a charity run on Saturday Which raised about £800 (or more) for MacMillian Cancer

So Sid If you have a Charity I think that you should take a sum to cover wastage and and COSTS because these don't run for nothing even Electric is expensive these days

Surely £15 a head would be in the bounds of folks budget?

If I wax Lyrical Then I Blame Sam Manicom I've just finished My Signed copy of "Into Africa"

IF by Any chance you Hold one next year then I'll ask Sam to Bring Libby Down

Oh Great and Wise Deity, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can! And the wisdom to know the difference!

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaythro View Post
    Sid I'd be more than happy to contribute towards any running of the event (including a retro payment for this one!)

I would say that Anyone going to the event Would be MORE than Willing to Contribute....... to be able to Share in the wealth of Knowledge and the Camaraderie of the airheads(owners and Bikes) that would be there and to the overpowering scent of cider infused wee and curry scented farts that would permeate the lower areas of the workshop!

Like I was one that wished more than anything that I could go but I ended up Marshalling a charity run on Saturday Which raised about £800 (or more) for MacMillian Cancer

So Sid If you have a Charity I think that you should take a sum to cover wastage and and COSTS because these don't run for nothing even Electric is expensive these days

Surely £15 a head would be in the bounds of folks budget?

If I wax Lyrical Then I Blame Sam Manicom I've just finished My Signed copy of "Into Africa"

IF by Any chance you Hold one next year then I'll ask Sam to Bring Libby Down

Added on drivel
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

This post must be setting some sort of record for people typing whilst on their knees..

Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post
    +1 except Sid isn't looking to cover his hard work, just the money that he spent so that as much as possible goes to the supported charity.
    type o error

it took me 1 hour to write that and I burn`t my sausages

Quote Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
    Added on drivel
    Cheeky Cockney Fecker!
    Oh Great and Wise Deity, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Trustworthy Scouser AND
    Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the Wirral
    The cruix of this epistle is that virtually all of those that attended had a great time but (maybe) this particular venue seems to have now run its course and although I couldn't attend this one I'd like to thank Sid and Ann for allowing premium tossers to take over his property for three superb rallies over the last three years

We'll just have to wait until Sid and Ann move to the rougher part of Wales and convince him to start all over again with another rally
    Remember, we are only here for a good time, not a long time !

Sorry you feel this way Sid

Firstly I am not going to apologise for cancelling as I have tried everything in my power short of leaving our 2.5 year old todler at a stranger to go to this weekend due "life" doing it's normal thing mucking things up last minute.

I have no problem to send you a contribution towards covering the costs and will do so if you pm me payment details, this was on my list of things to do but again it's been non stop ever since

The last event was great and I am sure this past one was even better regardless and sorry I missed out on it.

I have removed you final paragraphs Sid
    BHT

I'd be interested to know why this was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Trippy View Post
    I have removed you final paragraphs Sid
    BHT

I'd be interested to know why this was done.
    Cos yer a nosey fecker!

Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post
    Re the ever so slightly pink bike I saw Rob working on the wiring and when hat work stopped with wires still hanging off I assumed that a problem had been encountered. Never assume anything. Apologies for not asking if there was anything that could be done to it.
    I fitted the wiring loom, fusebox, battery etc and while I was trying to track down terminals to replace the corroded/missing ones Bubbles kindly connected the headlight wiring to the fuseboard. It was also obvious that the left hand switchgear wiring was not long enough to reach the headlight. Mick and I spent a consideable amount of tme trying to track parts to repair the damaged loom in Bideford and Barnstaple. Another trip was made on Saturday to Sids part supplier with no joy. Because of it's poor condition Sid took the decision to order another loom from Sherlocks along with another switchgear with the correct length wiring, unfortunatly when it arrived on Saturday night the switchgear was the wrong type. The replacement loom was refitted on Saturday night/Sunday morning . If the switchgear had been the correct one the bike would have had front lights. As it was it was left in a position that the engine spun over on the starter and the idiot lights worked. The rear loom was non existent and a replacement standard one would not fit because the bike has non standard indicators mounted on the pannier racks. There seems little point rigging things up to look like it's working only to have to take them off again to do it properly.

I think you'll find that quite a few bits and pieces were sorted. Steptoe set him self up to rebuild the carbs, laid out all the parts neatly only to find all the rubbers perished.

We had the same problem with Psycos wiring but just rigged the ignition and start circuit.

Sid,

Don't forget you have some more cash to come from me. I only gave you £35 on Sunday so need to send more. £15 for Proff as well for the 3 mugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaythro View Post
    Cos yer a nosey fecker!
    Well maybe, but I like most people read it and apart from the last four words which were maybe a bit strong, I can't see why the rest should be deleted. Kind of adds insult to injury really, the fact that if someone shouts loud enough they can have stuff they don't like deleted from
    other peoples posts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast