Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cruix of this epistle is that virtually all of those that attended had a great time :bounce1 but (maybe) this particular venue seems to have now run its course:nenau and although I couldn't attend this one I'd like to thank Sid and Ann for allowing premium tossers to take over his property for three superb rallies over the last three years :thumb2

We'll just have to wait until Sid and Ann move to the rougher part of Wales and convince him to start all over again with another rally :bounce1

Sorry you feel this way Sid :(

Firstly I am not going to apologise for cancelling as I have tried everything in my power short of leaving our 2.5 year old todler at a stranger to go to this weekend due "life" doing it's normal thing mucking things up last minute.

I have no problem to send you a contribution towards covering the costs and will do so if you pm me payment details, this was on my list of things to do but again it's been non stop ever since :blast

The last event was great and I am sure this past one was even better regardless and sorry I missed out on it.

Re the ever so slightly pink bike I saw Rob working on the wiring and when hat work stopped with wires still hanging off I assumed that a problem had been encountered. Never assume anything. Apologies for not asking if there was anything that could be done to it.

I fitted the wiring loom, fusebox, battery etc and while I was trying to track down terminals to replace the corroded/missing ones Bubbles kindly connected the headlight wiring to the fuseboard. It was also obvious that the left hand switchgear wiring was not long enough to reach the headlight. Mick and I spent a consideable amount of tme trying to track parts to repair the damaged loom in Bideford and Barnstaple. Another trip was made on Saturday to Sids part supplier with no joy. Because of it's poor condition Sid took the decision to order another loom from Sherlocks along with another switchgear with the correct length wiring, unfortunatly when it arrived on Saturday night the switchgear was the wrong type. The replacement loom was refitted on Saturday night/Sunday morning . If the switchgear had been the correct one the bike would have had front lights. As it was it was left in a position that the engine spun over on the starter and the idiot lights worked. The rear loom was non existent and a replacement standard one would not fit because the bike has non standard indicators mounted on the pannier racks. There seems little point rigging things up to look like it's working only to have to take them off again to do it properly.

I think you'll find that quite a few bits and pieces were sorted. Steptoe set him self up to rebuild the carbs, laid out all the parts neatly only to find all the rubbers perished.

We had the same problem with Psycos wiring but just rigged the ignition and start circuit.

Sid,

Don't forget you have some more cash to come from me. I only gave you £35 on Sunday so need to send more. £15 for Proff as well for the 3 mugs.

Cos yer a nosey fecker! :trippy

Well maybe, but I like most people read it and apart from the last four words which were maybe a bit strong, I can't see why the rest should be deleted. Kind of adds insult to injury really, the fact that if someone shouts loud enough they can have stuff they don't like deleted from
other peoples posts.

Echo Maverick's comments - Sid, it's a real shame that running the event has left bad memories for you and Ann. I came to the Wee-kend in 2010 and had a great time, with a fantastic welcome. I wasn't at the event this year, so I won't comment on the, er, 'workshop management' problems you faced during the weekend.

However, I'm not going to apologise for not coming down. I posted that I couldn't make it on the "I'm in" thread, about half way down this page, post #120, over a month before the event. At that point there were names on the reserve list to take my place. My reasons are f*** all to do with anyone on here, but I believe a clear month was sufficient notice.

I think Judge's suggestion is spot-on - maybe a non-refundable deposit in advance is the way to go?

I think

We should put this to bed now before comments are made that sours what has been a great event over the years.
Sid, it's your call but it is and always has been a great event, if you feel it can or can't carry on it's up to you. For the rest of us I think we all agree if it is to continue then maybe an up front payment is the way to go.

OK, with hindsight, I now agree with BHT's decision to edit my post last night. As rightly noted above, I don't want to overshadow what was a great event with lots of fantastic people present. I have lots of good memories of the event and sorry if my moaning on here has been out of proportion.

Might be best if I close this thread now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom