Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Costs/ Charity

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Costs/ Charity

I think I have sorted out most of the income and expenses for the event and unfortunately, for a number of reasons, we came up a bit short of what I had expected to raise for the charity which will help local disabled people, such as our friend Ali, have a holiday.

Hopefully, some of you met our friend Ali who joined us on the Saturday night for dinner with his Mum. Ali is autistic and Downs and unable to communicate in any way but he seemed to enjoy himself with the company, the food and the drink. Especially the drink! I turned away for one second and he swiped my glass of Autumn Mix Cider and downed it in one. We then went and got him a glass of his own and wrote his name on it like everyone else.

I will make up the shortfall between what we made and what I expected to make (if nearly everyone had turned up). I don't think it right that the generosity of all those tossers who turned up and gave generously should effectively cover the costs of the no-shows and late cancellations (even if for genuine reasons etc).

I have tried to set up a JustGiving account for them but unfortunately that would send the money to the Head Office which is not what I want. I want it to stay with the local group who are strapped for funds.

I have therefore set up a Paypal button below to allow anyone else who wants to contribute to the charity. You will just have to trust me and I will post up a copy of the final amount given to the charity.

NB I am NOT asking for additional funds from anyone who attended the event but this is in response to the various people who sent me pm's asking how they could contribute and saves me sending numerous pm's back to different people. I won't be chasing anyone up at all and I will leave it entirely up to people to decide on any amounts for themselves.

Hope this all make sense. The main thing to remember is that we all had a great weekend and some good has come out of it as well.

Doesn't appear to work, it says...

Error Detected
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error Message We were unable to decrypt the certificate id.
    We were unable to decrypt the certificate id.

SumpRat (please note correct spelling)

Sid

link isnt working as our fave "Breaky cook" said!

hm

Quote Originally Posted by how much View Post
    Sid

link isnt working as our _ fave "Breaky cook" _ said!

hm
    Awww! I'm touched... But people have been saying that for a long time

I give up!

How the feck do I simply receive funds into my Paypal account?

Sid

Sid Just Ask people to pm you if they wish to contribute and give them your paypal e mail

It is the simplest way
    Oh Great and Wise Deity, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can! And the wisdom to know the difference!

Just put your email address up and people paypal you.

Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    I give up!

How the feck do I simply receive funds into my Paypal account?

Sid

click on Send Money,

Enter Your [Sid's] email address in the "To (Email address or mobile phone number) field." (obviously you need to tell us it) and the amount in the amount field.

Click on the Personal tab and click on gift.

Hope this helps.

Simon

what he said above

Go into Paypal

My email is: horman [at] waffapool [dot] fsnet [dot] co [dot] uk

Its been a long week.

Thanks to both Trippy and Sumprat who have managed to work it out and send funds. NB these funds are not to reimburse me for the shortfall, these extras funds will all go 100% to the charity.

I was hoping to pick up something from the 20 people marked on the "I'm In" thread who had to cancel late or were no-shows.

Cheers

Sid

Thrower of cats at pigeons Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Hi Sid,

I've just sent a donation on behalf of the Airhead Tossers who gave to the Ann & Babs flower fund.

Well done gentlemen

Thanks again for the grand efforts put in to make the weekend what it is. Without which we would otherwise be found muttering in a dark corner of our garages in a puddle of wee.
    You know!?, it's the people who live in the land that always seem to make it more beautiful than it already appears.

Bloody Hell!

I'm stunned at your generosity. Its alot lot more than I was hoping to get.

I am really really very chuffed to bits by this. I know that these funds will go a long way to help the charity with paying towards the holiday for the severely disabled people in this area.

Thats why I was a bit stressed out last weekend, as I had really wanted to raise some funds for this group and I was deperately disappointed when it looked like I had failed to do so.

You make me feel very humble that despite my miserable depressive moaning, you have provided flowers for the ladies and a decent sum for the charity.

Thanks again, I am very grateful and appreciative.

Sid and Ann

A good ending then.

I don't feel as guilty now for turning up, paying up and enjoyng the weekend.

Little bit more on the way. And again I'm sorry I couldn't get there in the end. From my experience in 2010 (and what I've heard) I really missed out

Contribution made via paypal.

Many thanks to the above.

We are looking after Ali this afternoon/evening and seeing his Mum later on. I know she will be thrilled to bits when I am able to tell he that we have reached and passed the estimate of what I hoped to raise. I will of course give a final figure once everything is totalled up.
    Cheers

Sid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast