K1600 GT - thoughts on first 1000 miles

I test rode a GT at ocean bmw yesterday, what a great bike, supersonically fast, really smooth and great at low speed too.....I want one :thumb2

I test rode a GT at ocean bmw yesterday, what a great bike, supersonically fast, really smooth and great at low speed too.....I want one :thumb2
I wonder if you could pick it up on your own if you dropped it in the middle of nowhere????? Maybe its all about technique but from just sitting on one I'm guessing you'd definitely need help, or be built like ARNIE........ MAYBE!!!

Tyre wear

So, you'll be looking at a new set of tyres when you go on holiday.

I think I can live without that.

I'm out (like I could afford one in the first place)

Too much (The Magic Bus)

"Yer cannnnn't....have it!" :D

(Copyright P Townsend/R Daltrey)

But, but, but:

You've worked hard and long

you are a long time dead

whose money is it anyway?

A guy like you deserves a treat.
With finance, it's not THAT expensive

Cripes, soon the damn things will be illegal anyway

One last time for the dream to come true.......

Oh, and they are VERY nice!!:thumb2

Lovely machine.

Even if I had the money I wouldn't dare - No willpower and too easy to go fast.

:beerjug:

Thats why I sold my K1300s which I absolutely loved. Every time, and I mean every time I looked at the speedo, I was in excess of 100 mph.....:blast

You're outrunning the GPS.. feck me you must be going fast :eek

Isn't it a 660 Garmin typey affair? doesn't sound right!

Thanks Bladerunner - that matches what I experienced whilst you were away in Ireland. I asked Cotswold Motorrad how much to swap my June 2010, 12k mileage GSA against a fully ferkled GT and the answer was £9k! Considering I paid £13.5 for it, that's pants, so looks like a "conversion" isn't too likely in the short term.

Didn't want one anyway, so there... :tears

Someone on here got about 9.5k+ for his 58 plated 25k miler GSA against a new un (GSA that is) . Maybe you should try and get a better deal elsewhere. My guess is that there are little or no unsold 6s lying in showrooms at the moment so maybe best to wait until there are before you try to swap.

Back
Top Bottom