Thread: Off Road Ride

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Off Road Ride

Well what an incredible weekend, no-one would have believed the weather could be so perfect.

I had the great pleasure of spending Saturday on Jon's beginners/intermediate ride over the plains.

What a rip! But let's let the pictures do the talking.

The riders included our leader Jon (KTM 640 or 690, did an incredible job of ensuring that guys of different abilities all had a great day) / Tunneruk (KTM 990) / Andy (PD airhead, seemed oddly drawn towards water and mud ) / Hamster (wrestling the red 1200 adv, always near the front). And yes, the fields really were those incredible colours!

PG
    Attached Images Attached Images      

The full team, feeling like Dakar winning off-road heroes, and the video.

Excellent pics Paul - its not often I have time to stop and look around, but its well worth it and the views around here are just outstanding!

Well dont to all of you, I'm not sure if I said it or not but you all did bloody well!

I'm glad you all enjoyed it, I look forward to the next time!

btw, were are the rest of the pics? I know a few of you had cameras

I just thought I'd chip in and say a big thank you to Jonathan. Absolutely brilliant day, You gauged the group perfectly!
    Can't bloody wait for next year! (I might even have a go in the intermediate group)
    Bloody EXCELLENT!
    Cheers Fella.
    Here's a few more pics ...

DSC01548 by tunneruk, on Flickr
    Sorry fella! I couldn't resist!

DSC01550 by tunneruk, on Flickr

Hograost 043 by tunneruk, on Flickr

DSC01568 by tunneruk, on Flickr

Restoration and Paint services

07714 266 627

www.ctmotorcycleservices.co.uk

www.facebook.com/ctmotorcycleservices

It was a fabulous ride out, I'm hoping some of my video has come out ok - I'll have a footle with it when I'm not quite as knackered as I am this eve!

In the meantime, a few more:

(Incidentally, if anyone can give me a grid ref for the site of the drowned 1200 Adv (good effort, Horse..), please do - it will allow me to start to piece together an idea of where the hell we were!

Cheers,

Paul G
    (the other)

Quote Originally Posted by The Other PaulG View Post
    In the meantime, a few more:

(Incidentally, if anyone can give me a grid ref for the site of the drowned 1200 Adv (good effort, Horse..), please do - it will allow me to start to piece together an idea of where the hell we were!

Cheers,

Paul G
    (the other)
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x...ay=150495&lm=0

It was here.

Thanks!

PG

Quote Originally Posted by Losttheplot View Post
    Of course it was!

Paul G and I spent about 15 minutes looking at the map trying to find it .............

07714 266 627

Here's a quick vid for you Paul ...

07714 266 627

Ouch number one for me!

I'm sure you'll remember this bit of trail, - apologies for the quality - it all goes a bit pixelated when I compress it for the noncenet.

Anyway, in this one you can observe me naughtily overtake a fellow rider, catch up with PaulG, then back off and fall over - giving a really arty view of a nettle! Culminating in getting to the end of the track.

I've been a bit busy since I got back home, but there should be more vids after the weekend -off to sonisphere ( god it never ends!) - got some of the small hill climb bit, as well as just tracks and dust! - Theres 6 Gb of film to go through, so bare with me!

Excellent vid, looks like you had a nice pace going there... so what happened when you came off??

it looked like the world just turned sideways...

God, it's taken me a while to get back to this. I still have ton's of video and it's nearly time for this years session!

- The world tipped up, on both my falls!

- in reality it was catching the front wheel on the edge of the rut that put me over, - the second time I fell over was pretty much the same, - rode a rut then decided to come out of it, slipped and went over , - bugger!

Like so, - Ouch number two.

At least it cleaned the dirt off the camera!

Lesson learned - Once stuck in a rut, don't try and just flick out of it on the big beast!