Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I know what

Old enough to know better Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Additions for 2012

Lunch packs from that fine bakery down the road

Seriously there where quite a few who turned up on Fri, and didn't go out on the runs on Sat, so the possibility of Burbidge's finest delivery service would be great, even if we could phone an order in for someone to collect

A sandwich or roll menu would be great

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Could you move it all about 100 mile north, please?

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Oh Yes.... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Echoes of Elvis - Always was envisaged for the Gateway club members who love a bop to his tunes - would hope that aspect of the weekend remains as it reminds us all why we do this event and they have a fantastic time

2 gigs was though too much!

2p

well said sir
    Perfekt ist nicht gut genug.

UKGSER-A place where I've wasted so much time, learned so much, laughed a lot and cried a few times.

Every bed of roses has pricks in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    Couldn't do the Raost this year but that seems like a very good idea

The price of a pint or two lobbed into the bucket to go on the rides is not going to break the bank. No need to check on who is camping and who isn't..... just leave it up to bods' conscience.
    Quite right - I only really came for a ride out owing to time pressures but stayed (and paid) for a bit of the evening so that I could contribute to the charity. Having a suggested donation of a fiver for a space on a rideout might work?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
    Could you move it all about 100 mile north, please?

You want it in Solihull?

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    You want it in Solihull?
    Somewhere at the end of a wiggly road will do.

Only kidding. I'll be back.

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

I know what!

Bake's I think you do enough, if any body wants to make any suggestions.
    How about volunteering to help out? ok I muscled in on the raffle ticket sales and One a.n.other (dint catch his name) and myself cleared up all the empties from in and around the stage/Marquee area Sunday morning. We all enjoy the weekend so how about giving some of our time. To all those that do, I thank you for your contributions.
    Yup the loo's could be better but thats down to the rugby club. The music, You aint gonna please all the people all the time so go with the majority, The ride outs are well organised and by the comments posted are Fun. There could be an outside bar but that would mean extra staff although selling you own would be more money in the coffers but would that bring problems with the club and licensing laws? Don't mean to prattle on, I thouroughly enjoyed myself and hope there's many more left in me andif required Put my name down to volunteer in any way next time. Pete

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad biker View Post
    Buy the tins of beer from the supermarket and sell for a £1 a can, and give the profits to the charity, we do it and it works really well.Just find a large fridge to put them in.(magners pleeeeeze)
    I think the rugby club bar needs to make some money otherwise the event won't happen.

If everyone brought their own and didn't spend a little in the bar it doesn't go down very well. Steve did mention this to me last year.
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
    I'll be back.

Me, too

Chislehurst Borders (According to the estate agent)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
    I think the rugby club bar needs to make some money otherwise the event won't happen.

if everyone brought their own and didn't spend a little in the bar it doesn't go down very well. Steve did mention this to me last year.
    As St.Eptoe says the Hograost selling booze is a for a start the fee is set as the rugby club have pay bar and get the takings from it and the last thing Team Bakerman need is another job on top of all the others and then there's the legal bit of licences etc.

Its about making it easier for people to buy their drinks from the rugby club, there's no point having 4 staff up in a quiet bar when perhaps having a fast serve bar downstairs selling a couple of popular choices means people buy from them without having to draw themselves away from the entertainment or have to fill their cars with carry-outs.

No one wants to stop anyone doing what they want to do but we've heard many say that once the evening activities kick in the bar is too remote from the action.

Its worth a go I reckon

Shep of the Dessert Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Got agree with judge and step toe the bar needs to make some money else the event will end up being moved to another venue. The downstairs bar would at least get the bar girls a chance for some entertainment as well
    A man with no boat is a prisoner.
    Faroese proverb

Runny eggs and strangers, white lines and unmade beds.
    The Blues Brothers were great at their act. I get the impression that they could also knock out a variety on non-Blues Brothers songs too.

Now, what you REALLY need is a Gospel Choir, or a Barbershop Chorus...

Serious edit: Forum name badges is a great idea.

the bar girls are always welcome to a bit of entertainment

Fair Point

Quote Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post

If everyone brought their own and didn't spend a little in the bar it doesn't go down very well. Steve did mention this to me last year.
    I'll go with that i guess,everyones gotta spin a dollar,maybe enough to fix the poohole
    Al Jesse panniers for sale , fits a 1200 GS /GSA Air cooled £450 posted.

Quote Originally Posted by BAKERMAN View Post
    While in your mind, I need your imput please make the ideas constructive.

I know what I could have done better.

Two things in hand are OUTSIDE BEER BAR and Tea table monitor.

ANY THING ELSE please CONSTRUCTIVE
    This was the 3rd raost I've had the pleasure of attending. I now know quite a few tossers from these and various other events - but like many others I'm crap with names so yes, I like the "badge" idea!

Or, maybe as another money maker - shirts like the one I was sporting from last years "SMMMT" with username could be offered as an option when prebooking??

Otherwise, to me the atmosphere 3 years ago "inside" the tent when the band and dance area were all under cover seemed to go down better........maybe that was just my mood, not sure what the concensus is.........maybe you changed it for cost reasons in the first place?

Still the top event though

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    there were were custard donuts?

noooooooooooooooooooooooo, i missed them
    A sign indicating location of custard donuts please.

Everything else was brilliant.

Paintman.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast