I know what

I think the rugby club bar needs to make some money otherwise the event won't happen.

if everyone brought their own and didn't spend a little in the bar it doesn't go down very well. Steve did mention this to me last year.

As St.Eptoe says the Hograost selling booze is a :nono for a start the fee is set as the rugby club have pay bar and get the takings from it and the last thing Team Bakerman need is another job on top of all the others and then there's the legal bit of licences etc.

Its about making it easier for people to buy their drinks from the rugby club, there's no point having 4 staff up in a quiet bar when perhaps having a fast serve bar downstairs selling a couple of popular choices means people buy from them without having to draw themselves away from the entertainment or have to fill their cars with tesco carry-outs.

No one wants to stop anyone doing what they want to do but we've heard many say that once the evening activities kick in the bar is too remote from the action.

Its worth a go I reckon :nenau

Got agree with judge and step toe the bar needs to make some money else the event will end up being moved to another venue. The downstairs bar would at least get the bar girls a chance for some entertainment as well:thumb2

The Blues Brothers were great at their act. I get the impression that they could also knock out a variety on non-Blues Brothers songs too.

Now, what you REALLY need is a Gospel Choir, or a Barbershop Chorus... :D

Serious edit: Forum name badges is a great idea.

Fair Point

I think the rugby club bar needs to make some money otherwise the event won't happen.

If everyone brought their own and didn't spend a little in the bar it doesn't go down very well. Steve did mention this to me last year.

I'll go with that i guess,everyones gotta spin a dollar,maybe enough to fix the poohole:blast

While in your mind, I need your imput please make the ideas constructive.

I know what I could have done better.

Two things in hand are OUTSIDE BEER BAR and Tea table monitor.

ANY THING ELSE please CONSTRUCTIVE

This was the 3rd raost I've had the pleasure of attending. I now know quite a few tossers from these and various other events - but like many others I'm crap with names so yes, I like the "badge" idea!

Or, maybe as another money maker - shirts like the one I was sporting from last years "SMMMT" with username could be offered as an option when prebooking??

Otherwise, to me the atmosphere 3 years ago "inside" the tent when the band and dance area were all under cover seemed to go down better........maybe that was just my mood, not sure what the concensus is.........maybe you changed it for cost reasons in the first place?

Still the top event though :thumb

what about bacon doughnuts? I love bacon and doughnuts.... could a snack for all seasons...:thumb2

Today I also considered tiling my bathroom in cheese slices but that's another story....:augie

mental note to self must wear a hat when out in the sun:blast

I'm not sure how much hassle it would be to do or what the take up might be, but I wonder if we could get anyone along who could hire kit out for the off-road runs - proper boots and maybe body armour?

Expanding on that I wonder if we might be able to attract the attention of one of the offroad schools? It's great to be able to offer all of the ride outs, but with so many of us in one location and such a great location - there might be an opportunity to offer some great trailing if people are interested???

I know Desert Rose and the Yamaha School both move around the country from time to time.

It's not fully thought out, but its two halves of an idea :)

Serious edit: Forum name badges is a great idea.

Not so great as it sounds - it's been tried at several events and people swop their name badges around :augie which leads to even more confusion. :D

In fact Paul had some UKGSer T shirts made with names on which a few of us have.

I'm not in favour of name badges... it spoils the magic of discovering who your neighbours are...

:thumb2

Totally great weekend.... top marks to Steve and the crew once again.

-Toilets were a bit of a disaster but then they are only as bad as the disgusting people that can't piss straight and won't clean up their own skid marks before the next person....:mad:

-I have been away for a few years and don't recall it ever being like this before but the large number of 4 wheelers all over the site (especially several large panel vans) obscuring the view around site and really spoilt the camping for me. I don't like camping in a car park.

-Custard donuts....where? :nenau

-Elvis was not my cup of tea particularly but I enjoyed the Saturday evening performance just fine. I had the opportunity to have a talk to him and his lovely wife later on and what great people they are. Maybe some folks should just try and enjoy themselves a bit more and take a leaf out of Elvis' book but mostly I agree with Judge's comment, let's not forget what this event is really about. We are just there for our money - it's about the Gateway club first and foremost.

-Rugby club bar :beer: just great:thumb Nice Rioja on sale too :jager

-Breakfast in the club bar :thumb2

-On site tyre fitting Micheldever tyres - great service and price :thumb2

-On site Throttle balancing for £5 courtesy of Mr Ianfan's colleague :thumb2

All in all another top weekend . Thank you Steve and everyone who helped make Hograost 2011 another success :bow

I for one won't relish Micheldever tyres being there. After hearing the racist filth coming out of the mouth of one of their fitters on Saturday night, directed to one of our guys:mad:

I for one will never put money their way ever again, because ultimately they pay that foul mouthed racist.

A great weekend Steve and as others have said "if it ain't broke don't fix it"..

I would also echo that 2 sessions of Elvis was a bit much but he HAS to be there for the Friday night for the Gateway club. They absolutely love him and as Judge said it's a good reminder of why the event exists.

The only other suggestion I would add is to allow the Rugby club to provide food for the Friday and Saturday afternoon. You would have to regulate the hours, say between 12:00 - 16:00 to ensure you are still able to provide the food for the evening.

I'm sure the club provided food during the past events on the Friday night and I understand why they didn't this year as you wanted to do the chicken/piella (?) but not everyone wants to cook for themselves or go out after setting up camp to buy food.

Only a suggestion but a worthwile one.

Still the best ever Hograost we've attended and the Sat night Blues Brothers band were fantastic. Really involved the crowd and got everyone up dancing... Brilliant:clap:clap:clap

Can't wait for next years:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom