Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I know what

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    what about bacon doughnuts? I love bacon and doughnuts.... could a snack for all seasons...

Today I also considered tiling my bathroom in cheese slices but that's another story....

mental note to self must wear a hat when out in the sun

I'm not sure how much hassle it would be to do or what the take up might be, but I wonder if we could get anyone along who could hire kit out for the off-road runs - proper boots and maybe body armour?

Expanding on that I wonder if we might be able to attract the attention of one of the offroad schools? It's great to be able to offer all of the ride outs, but with so many of us in one location and such a great location - there might be an opportunity to offer some great trailing if people are interested???

I know Desert Rose and the Yamaha School both move around the country from time to time.

It's not fully thought out, but its two halves of an idea

Quote Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
    Somewhere at the end of a wiggly road will do.

Only kidding. I'll be back.

Good 'cos we all missed you

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Serious edit: Forum name badges is a great idea.
    Not so great as it sounds - it's been tried at several events and people swop their name badges around which leads to even more confusion.

In fact Paul had some UKGSer T shirts made with names on which a few of us have.
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

I'm not in favour of name badges... it spoils the magic of discovering who your neighbours are...

undead Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo-IQ View Post
    I'm not in favour of name badges... it spoils the magic of discovering who your neighbours are...

....and the image you have of someone

always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.

Deleted account W
    More traction engines and cask ale please

Quote Originally Posted by STUBBS View Post
    ....and the image you have of someone
    lol... note to self, must work harder on my online image

Slippery when wet Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Totally great weekend.... top marks to Steve and the crew once again.

-Toilets were a bit of a disaster but then they are only as bad as the disgusting people that can't piss straight and won't clean up their own skid marks before the next person....

-I have been away for a few years and don't recall it ever being like this before but the large number of 4 wheelers all over the site (especially several large panel vans) obscuring the view around site and really spoilt the camping for me. I don't like camping in a car park.

-Custard donuts....where?

-Elvis was not my cup of tea particularly but I enjoyed the Saturday evening performance just fine. I had the opportunity to have a talk to him and his lovely wife later on and what great people they are. Maybe some folks should just try and enjoy themselves a bit more and take a leaf out of Elvis' book but mostly I agree with Judge's comment, let's not forget what this event is really about. We are just there for our money - it's about the Gateway club first and foremost.

-Rugby club bar just great Nice Rioja on sale too

-Breakfast in the club bar

-On site tyre fitting Micheldever tyres - great service and price

-On site Throttle balancing for £5 courtesy of Mr Ianfan's colleague

All in all another top weekend . Thank you Steve and everyone who helped make Hograost 2011 another success
    Hograost 2017 The resurrection : Buxton Derbyshire 30/6 - 2/7 www.hogroastnorth.com

Chislehurst Borders (According to the estate agent)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatton View Post
    More traction engines and cask ale please
    You'll be right at home here then, been once and loved it. In Van Miguel you have ideal accommodation too

I for one won't relish Micheldever tyres being there. After hearing the racist filth coming out of the mouth of one of their fitters on Saturday night, directed to one of our guys

I for one will never put money their way ever again, because ultimately they pay that foul mouthed racist.

A great weekend Steve and as others have said "if it ain't broke don't fix it"..

I would also echo that 2 sessions of Elvis was a bit much but he HAS to be there for the Friday night for the Gateway club. They absolutely love him and as Judge said it's a good reminder of why the event exists.

The only other suggestion I would add is to allow the Rugby club to provide food for the Friday and Saturday afternoon. You would have to regulate the hours, say between 12:00 - 16:00 to ensure you are still able to provide the food for the evening.

I'm sure the club provided food during the past events on the Friday night and I understand why they didn't this year as you wanted to do the chicken/piella (?) but not everyone wants to cook for themselves or go out after setting up camp to buy food.

Only a suggestion but a worthwile one.

Still the best ever Hograost we've attended and the Sat night Blues Brothers band were fantastic. Really involved the crowd and got everyone up dancing... Brilliant

Can't wait for next years
    Emptiness is the starting point - In order to taste my cup of water you must first empty your cup. My friend , drop all your preconceived fixed ideas and be neutral. Do you know why this cup is so useful? Because it is EMPTY.....

R1200 GSA LC / RnineT

http://GS Banner1 by Chris Needham, on Flickr

Wot custard doughnuts ?

Steve and his merry workers did us all proud. I would like to have seen the Rye Cooder chappie. Which leads me to thinking that there must be loads of up and coming young bands who would relish the oportunity to have a unplugged session.Maybe 2 or 3 young bands followed by a leading act after.Its easy for us all to pick holes in Elvis but the Gateway crew loved him.At the end of the day thats what matters.Keep up the good work . To raise that sort of money is some acheivment. Well done.I raise my glass to you for a bloody good effort.

Dexter

Oh Yes.... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by shready View Post
    I for one won't relish Micheldever tyres being there. After hearing the racist filth coming out of the mouth of one of their fitters on Saturday night, directed to one of our guys

I for one will never put money their way ever again, because ultimately they pay that foul mouthed racist.
    Perfekt ist nicht gut genug.

UKGSER-A place where I've wasted so much time, learned so much, laughed a lot and cried a few times.

Every bed of roses has pricks in it!

A posh bit of Birkenhead, right on the edge of scumville.
    Couldn't get a cup of tea with my breakfast sausage bap because of the free tea downstairs but there were no teabags or milk left . so maybe more of those please.

Antibacterial hand gel in the portaloos would be good.

I concur with the others about Elvis. He's dead. Don't dig him up.

Apart from that it was a top weekend!
    Specially the doughnuts,,,,mmmmmmm!

undead Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst View Post
    Couldn't get a cup of tea with my breakfast sausage bap because of the free tea downstairs but there were no teabags or milk left . so maybe more of those please.

Antibacterial hand gel in the portaloos would be good.

I concur with the others about Elvis. He's dead. Don't dig him up.

Apart from that it was a top weekend!
    Specially the doughnuts,,,,mmmmmmm!
    you should have stayed longer

always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast