I know what

can we have it plainly signed that dancing is not compulsory?:rob

my middle thinks its been worked over by david hay!!:augie

if its not broke dont fix it ..

top tunes top folk and another hograost success.:thumb

Elvis was funny for 5 minutes, but got a whole lot boring after the third hour on the second day. Nice chaps, good show for 30 minutes, but an hour or more each over both days was just plain irritating, specially queueing for my grub.
I'd prefer some kind of DJ type, playing stuff that everyone knows, a bit Radio 2 ish dare I say it, but with more blues, dad rock, AOR stuff, just burbling in the background rather than at 100 dB as an "act".
Seems by the T shirts in evidence, and many of the Tossers I met and yapped with over a beer that the majority are rock fans, not metal heads, just good old fashioned Zep, Lizzy, Rush, Skynyrd/ Dead Heads style of music lovers.
Only problem there would be a PRS licence.:nenau

The 50's Rockabilly act were in my opinion just the wrong act for the Friday night, as born out by the lack of bums on hay. Pity , as I'm sure in the right club they'd go down really well. :(

Me and Mrs Mungrel agreed that the Blues Brothers were most definitely not our cuppa, but the majority enjoyed the festivities, so no complaints here.

Outside bar? Not a bad idea, what with having a gammy knee.

An more portaloos please. 2 was too few. Wasn't there about 4 last year? (I recall one for 1150 riders, one for 1200 riders, one for airheads and I'm sure there was a ladies one as well?)

Mrs Mungrel actually preferred the portaloos to the ones inside the clubhouse, and after the one in the gents packed up and left a very unpleasant pool of yak on the floor, so did I.

Less elvis:nenau more blues brothers:thumb2:thumb2:thumb

It's Heartbreak Hotel for Elvis when even Old Shep has had enough.:D

I think a DJ like Slimbo or an enthusiastic Volunteer playing something different through the early evening would be ok.

I didn't like the real Elvis but each to their own:D

And there were no custard doughnuts, that's just a Taff fantasy:D

Great event Mr Bakerman and colleagues

More than one working inside poohole would have been good.Standing queueing in a brown fog isnt pleasant.
Buy the tins of beer from the supermarket and sell for a £1 a can, and give the profits to the charity, we do it and it works really well.Just find a large fridge to put them in.(magners pleeeeeze)
More blues brothers please, Elvis had left the building before he got there.
Late night, small hours, mini disco beer drinking session like ours..:Dwe didnt get to bed till around 3am sunday morning....parteee:beerjug:

On the whole you ran a very well organized event, and you and the purple slaves,and countless other un-named helpers should be proud of yourselves for doing such an excellent job of such a difficult and complicated task.
:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow
best regards Pauly.

An more portaloos please. 2 was too few. Wasn't there about 4 last year? (I recall one for 1150 riders, one for 1200 riders, one for airheads and I'm sure there was a ladies one as well?).

Last year the 1 for the 1200 riders was taken away on the back of a truck after the first day, the airhead riders never made theirs in time, so those 2 were left off the list this year

I didn't see a custard doughnut either but I'm very grateful for the jam one I did have thanks Bakes.

... And there were no custard doughnuts, that's just a Taff fantasy. :D
I couldn't make it this year, but there was definitely custard doughnuts last year. They didn't last long. :drool

That's my only constructive suggestion Bakes. :thumb2

I couldn't make it this year, but there was definitely custard doughnuts last year. They didn't last long. :drool

That's my only constructive suggestion Bakes. :thumb2

So, more mythical donuts then :D

Bands -

Echoes of Elvis - Always was envisaged for the Gateway club members who love a bop to his tunes - would hope that aspect of the weekend remains as it reminds us all why we do this event and they have a fantastic time :thumb

2 gigs was though too much!

Rockin' Bandits - Good enough for a Friday night when people are more interested in getting in, getting tents up and getting re-acquainted with friends and making new ones.

The Briefcase Blues Brothers Band - absolutely top notch gig, if I have a criticism it was a tad short in length - not on until well after 9, had a break, two encores and off shortly after 11, that's at least half hour too early for the headline Saturday night gig. But right from the intro people were up and dancing and even the sluggish ones managed to get their arses of the straw and the bar was empty!

Rugby Club - very friendly staff but ales finished very early, one didn't make it until the end of play Friday. Clubhouse toilets need regular servicing and cleaning throughout the weekend, I don't think this is the Hograost's responsibility as the facility is being hired. Sunday morning was grim in the gents.

Breakfast were speedier this year - maybe because Toad Hall was packed out?!

Raffle - like the tombola style in preference to the dragged out one at a time drawn tickets and the winners each taking 20 minutes to choose their prize but the collection needs supervising and it was pandemonium trying to determine colour sizes of raffle tickets in the dark amidst the scrum. A £5-£10 'purchase' of raffle tickets deserves better imho. Give the band a proper 20 minute interval keep the table lit and a couple of dayglo slaves looking after it, after 20 minutes close it and allow the stragglers to have another look in the morning.

Oh and lastly put a charity bucket out by the rideouts so those who rock up just for the rideouts have an opportunity to be reminded what we're about and don't miss the opportunity of boosting the fund-raising effort like the paying guests do.

2p

Oh and lastly put a charity bucket out by the rideouts so those who rock up just for the rideouts have an opportunity to be reminded what we're about and don't miss the opportunity of boosting the fund-raising effort like the paying guests do.

Couldn't do the Raost this year but that seems like a very good idea :thumb

The price of a pint or two lobbed into the bucket to go on the rides is not going to break the bank. No need to check on who is camping and who isn't..... just leave it up to bods' conscience.

Additions for 2012

Lunch packs from that fine bakery down the road:D

Seriously there where quite a few who turned up on Fri, and didn't go out on the runs on Sat, so the possibility of Burbidge's finest delivery service would be great, even if we could phone an order in for someone to collect:thumb2

A sandwich or roll menu:nenau would be great

Echoes of Elvis - Always was envisaged for the Gateway club members who love a bop to his tunes - would hope that aspect of the weekend remains as it reminds us all why we do this event and they have a fantastic time :thumb

2 gigs was though too much!

2p

:thumb
well said sir

Couldn't do the Raost this year but that seems like a very good idea :thumb

The price of a pint or two lobbed into the bucket to go on the rides is not going to break the bank. No need to check on who is camping and who isn't..... just leave it up to bods' conscience.

Quite right - I only really came for a ride out owing to time pressures but stayed (and paid) for a bit of the evening so that I could contribute to the charity. Having a suggested donation of a fiver for a space on a rideout might work?

I know what!

Bake's I think you do enough, if any body wants to make any suggestions.
How about volunteering to help out? ok I muscled in on the raffle ticket sales and One a.n.other (dint catch his name) and myself cleared up all the empties from in and around the stage/Marquee area Sunday morning. We all enjoy the weekend so how about giving some of our time. To all those that do, I thank you for your contributions.
Yup the loo's could be better but thats down to the rugby club. The music, You aint gonna please all the people all the time so go with the majority, The ride outs are well organised and by the comments posted are Fun. There could be an outside bar but that would mean extra staff although selling you own would be more money in the coffers but would that bring problems with the club and licensing laws? Don't mean to prattle on, I thouroughly enjoyed myself and hope there's many more left in me andif required Put my name down to volunteer in any way next time. Pete

Buy the tins of beer from the supermarket and sell for a £1 a can, and give the profits to the charity, we do it and it works really well.Just find a large fridge to put them in.(magners pleeeeeze)

I think the rugby club bar needs to make some money otherwise the event won't happen.

If everyone brought their own and didn't spend a little in the bar it doesn't go down very well. Steve did mention this to me last year.

Back
Top Bottom