Harmonisor throttle body/carb balancing guages now available.

How about you signing up here on UKGSer so that potential customers like me can PM you with our orders?
Didnt see if you accepted PayPal or not as a means of payment.
Basically, I'd like one with shopping made easy :D:D

Nick

Hello Nick,

I don't have any objection to signing up.
But I'm working on my own website that will handle the bulk of direct orders.

For now I have a Paypal/Credit Card button on the Adventure Rider site in the Vendors section here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701625

Should be convenient for you.

looks like a good bit of kit.
I thought you were supposed to balance using the right hand adjuster screw only. Am I wrong?

HTML:
Thank you sir,
I sent one to Kent today. It must have been you!

Thanks Grok, thats brill, just a couple of hours from ordering to posting, you sure it was me?:)

I thought you were supposed to balance using the right hand adjuster screw only. Am I wrong?

Wrong... or so I thought. Steptoe wrote a brief how to in one of mr magicfingers threads a few months ago... do a search!

You may be thinking of the traditional method for adjusting the relative cable length for high-rpm (or off-idle) balance. There are two balance adjustments. One at idle and one at higher rpm's.

On R259's (850, 1100, 1150, 1200C) the idle RPM and balance is done by adjusting both brass (air bypass) screws such that the idle speed is in spec and the vacuum balance is close to zero. On newer R1200's the idle balance is not adjustable as the air bypass is controlled by the ECU via stepper motors.

The second balance adjustment is done at higher RPM's by adjusting the relative cable lengths to the two throttle bodies. It can be done by adjusting either the left or right side, but the right side has become traditionally favored for consistency. The higher-rpm balance applies to the newer R1200's as well as the earlier bikes.

I'm going to defer to Steptoe's expertise here. There are a few things to look out for depending on the motor. It is also useful to refer to the maintenance manual for your specific machine!

Should be here soon. I love new toys :bounce1

I know what you mean! I like toys too :D
Lemme see here ...

Yours was shipped on the 15th.

I sent Steptoe two units earlier on the same day. One he received in 7 days, the other took a few days longer. I have no idea why. Unless customs wanted to play with it?

I've shipped a fair number to the UK now. I'm looking forward to feedback from you Gents!

25th and still no sign of it :(

D'oh!

Based on previous (albeit limited) experience it should be there very soon. Please let me know the date you receive it. I may need to offer expedited shipping options or change customer's expectations to the UK.

I hope not!

Cheers,
-Mark

Just ordered one, look forward to playing with it ;-)

Its arrived (and no custom charges!). I havent had a chance to try it yet, but it all 'lights up' and self calibrates.
It looks to be a very nicely made bit of kit, cheers Grok!

Its arrived (and no custom charges!). I havent had a chance to try it yet, but it all 'lights up' and self calibrates.
It looks to be a very nicely made bit of kit, cheers Grok!

Good to hear that UK orders are filtering in!
I must confess I don't know a lot about UK customs. There seems to be a bit of a random aspect to it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Hopefully mine will arrive soon. I had a delivery from Cycleworks arrive two days ago, that was posted on the 16th,

Grok,

Why don't you set Steptoe up as your UK agent? we could then have the units posted out using a recorded service. We seem to have a major problem in the UK with theft and damage of posted items that pass through the Birmingham sorting office at least if it's recorded the parcel will be trackable.

Back
Top Bottom