Netbooks......

jonnie comet

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
.....suit me just fine....:thumb

I need a new netbook....My Samsung NC10 screen is fecked (replaced twice under warranty, now on it’s way out again......Utube ‘NC10 Screen’ ....nuff said)

Any recommendations?.....Heard bad stuff about ‘Windows 7 starter’ ....Can’t personalise.....Won’t support a DVD drive......

Just want a simple little thing....Internet/Skype/Mapsource......Sort of an NC10 that doesn't have (the well known) screen issues....:augie

Please........:)

I have an Acer Aspire One 532h which has Windows XP installled at the factory. Looking at Curry's website they have 2 models to choose from with XP.

I have 2 other PCs, a desktop and a laptop. All run XP so I went for this Acer so that I had compatibility with versions of software I want to run etc. It's worked out well, although I did upgrade the 3 cell battery to a 6 cell job. It's a year old now and is used every day. It works fine with an external DVD drive, external HDD and my Garmin all via USB.

Advent Milan at Currys
Acer Aspire One 531 at Currys

I'm sure you can find better prices than Currys. I got mine from Sainsburys in a sale.

Here you are: Argos Outlet on Ebay Acer, similar spec to mine. 12 month warranty, refurbished with Win XP £144 delivered.

Windows 7 has killed the Netbook market. I had a Samsung NC10 running XP Home and in comparison to my current Toshiba NB305 which has a faster processor and the same upgraded to 2GB RAM it is a dog, constantly hanging/not responding where the older Samsung would lap it up (excuse the pun!).

If you can find one get one with XP on it not Windows 7 - I love the weight and the battery performance and if I continue with it will probably put XP on it instead of Windows 7.

I have a Packard Bell dot-S (10.1)

If you shop around, you'll find it less that £200 some places

Windows 7

Never had any problems with it. No crashes or hangs

Plays MP4 movies off the battery, no problems at all

No problems with DVD. Got a USB powered one with Nero software and works just fine.

Installed just about everything on it that I could lay my hands on.

Not as fast as my main laptop which runs dual core proc, but its decent speed does everything I need when I'm away on the bike.:D

Netbook

Hi,
Go visit your local Sony Shop!!!!!!!!!!!!Sony Viao Model VPCM13M1E-£200 in the sale.- Windows 7. (model also sometimes referred to as PCG-21313M)
Bought mine last week.

Hope this helps,
John

Hi look at the reviews in the 10.1inch ASUS Eee net book I have just purchased one its fantastic very quick ideal for skype etc and very small also has bat life of 10hrs and yes is does last that long exelent piece of kit.

Twice as fast as my HP pavilion

If anyone is looking for a machine with a slightly bigger screen (11.6 inch), a faster processor than the Atom (although a sluggish Celeron by laptop standards) then have a look at this for the price of a netbook at £229 http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Packard_Bell_Dot_M_1091222.html

Note that it comes with the full Home Premium version of Windows 7 not the stripped out version shipped with all netbooks.

(deal nicked from http://www.hotukdeals.com/ )

Back
Top Bottom