Show us your Harley

Yeah, the Electra Glide Sport (FLHS) sometimes gets called the Sport Glide incorrectly...

The Sport Glide (FXRT) was basically an FXR Low Rider with a frame mounted fairing...

Pictured is my FXRT in Norway...

Attachments

• 2555400315_1e9ba83f00_o.jpg
    2555400315_1e9ba83f00_o.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 673
The Road King (FLHR) was a tarted up replacement for the Electra Glide Sport.

More chrome, speedo on tank, different seat etc. etc.

But essentially they're the same bike, a basic Electra Glide.

I've got to say, I've never really 'got' the harley thing.

I've ridden HD's since 1989 (on & off), and most of the 'Harley thing' still leaves me cold...

And a lot of it's just embarrassing too: the 'bad ass bro' bullshit, the anal obsessives polishing chrome, the 'weekend warriors', the sheer amount of money people spend on stupid tat etc.etc.

(For GS read:- And a lot of it's just embarrassing: the 'Charlie & Ewan' bullshit, the anal obsessives buying TT tat, the 'weekend warriors' who barely leave their postcode, the sheer amount of money people spend etc.etc.)...

But on a good day, an Evo. engined bike can make me feel better than anything else.

F*ck knows why, but that's how it is for me...

...and a more sensible reply to the all to common gs-er ignorant rudeness would be:

I did not myself until I rode and then bought one, - completely different bike to anything I had owned in the last 20 years, - does n't handle well, not fast, - brakes are shocking but it reminded me so much of the fun I had when 16 years old on a Honda SS50, - not sure that I can explain exactly why but the Harley just me laugh out loud when riding, and I was smiling when I got off. None of the crap of having to spend 20 minutes dressing yourself up like a spaceman or Charlie Boorman wannabee, - jeans and a tee shirt will do. As a bike it is actually far less pretentious that the race replicas or long way round tossers....:cool: And most importantly it was the first bike that my 10 year old daughter would get on the back of, and after that she was forever asking me to take out on it, - it was just FUN.

None of my mates ever got it, and within a recent pub bullsh1t conversation I had to just smile as they spouted off a load of rubbish about race replicas! When they grow up they might get it perhaps?

Yeah, the Electra Glide Sport (FLHS) sometimes gets called the Sport Glide incorrectly...

The Sport Glide (FXRT) was basically an FXR Low Rider with a frame mounted fairing...

Pictured is my FXRT in Norway...

Those silencers look noisy :augie

I just got my Triumph 900 Adventurer to satisfy my cruiser pangs
It doesn't handle or brake, so it's just like your Harleys :D

HPIM0202.jpg

But it's bloody brilliant for poodling out to the Vale of Belvoir for a pint in jeans & leather jacket on a nice sunny summer evening :beer:

And, being a Triumph, it's got a good fast motor & almost as much street cred as a Hardley

I wasn't looking for a fight boys. I ride a rocket 111 and have a deep admiration for guzzis but for some reason the harley thing I just don't get that's all. I did rise a street rod once

I got it back in the mid eighties, on a sturgis low rider. But it was just too unreliable. Also had a new 1200 sportster in 1988 which i P/X'd my laverda for but the sporty didn't really ring my bell.

I even had a special pair of jeans i had to wear when riding the sturgis. They had a scorched right leg where the carb used to blow back, so rather than ruin all my jeans i used to only wear the scorched pair. :D

Forget the "HOG" chapter muppets and the all the shite you can bolt onto a harley, just keep it simple. :thumb

I got it back in the mid eighties, on a sturgis low rider...

Just about the best looking Harley, ever...

I remember seeing one at Powerhouse in Camden Town.

I had a Z650 then, and the FXB seemed a world away...

Attachments

• hd39405_1980.jpg
    hd39405_1980.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 619
the 1100rt i have is for buissness, the electra glide is for fun , most people who hate harleys ,have generally never ridden or owned one ,but have an opinion on them .
simple mine makes me smile , i was counting up the other day ,and ive owned 41 motorbikes, the harley is by no means ,the best ,but its the one ive enjoyed riding the most ,simple as that

Back
Top Bottom