2005 GS Easter Meeting Holland

as I am now the proud owner of a GSA IF I can get there i will, funds permitting (doing the dragon in feb) are f650's allowed to come (good offroad capabilities)?

Lucky Luke said:
I am unable to post in the events forum.
Would the moderator please be so kind to replace this thread :)

Nice Winkel, are they all that big in Holland? See first posting on thread.

Lucky Luke said:
It's going to cost you 20 or 25 euro's.
(for the roadbooks and BBQ).
As far as I know there aren't any hotels in St Oedenrode.
Get some decent gear and I'm sure you'll enjoy camping
with your friends.

Thanks Luke.

What friends. I'm on this list as I have no real live mates..... That's the wonder of Internet-based clubs..... :mad:

I have perhaps one day to spend at the rally and don't camp, so I'll bust a gut to get there to go on the on-road ride out. Plus, I don't think my BT020's will handle all that sand and mud.

:)

only if its your girlfriends xx
wot if its your best mate's? Afterall they are better than girlfriends!!!!! hey and some f650's are called GS! Though not this one cos its too old :D :D :D

sigh....

We consider the following bikes to be GS's:
-All past and present F650 models except Scarver
-R65G/S
-R80G/S
-R80GS
-R100GS
-R850GS
-R1100GS
-R1150GS
-R1200GS
-HPN and similar project bikes based on BMW's.

Your wife/girlfriend is welcome with her bike, even if it's not a GS.
Please do not bring friends with other bikes because we will send
them away at the gate.

Sherringford Hovis said:
Plus, I don't think my BT020's will handle all that sand and mud.

:)

I am begining to smell a conspiracy to get us all to buy those 'not available in England' tyres all those Dutch riders were so proud of in Kasterlee.

We Brits really need to have our own event if we are to enjoy real off road riding and the sheer variety of surfaces and gradients that entails - Holland and Belgium are just flat. Mud and Sand. Mainly Mud.

Still, I'll be there nontheless, how about you Mr Sherringford Hovis ?

Lucky Luke said:
sigh....

Your wife/girlfriend is welcome with her bike, even if it's not a GS.
Please do not bring friends with other bikes because we will send
them away at the gate.

....eerr.... you never answered my original question about whether my husband is welcome on his triumph daytona 955i

Let's think about this....he's not your girlfriend, he's not your wife therefore if he's neither of these and he's not on a GS he's not welcome........or he's not your friend but he's not on a GS therefore he is welcome ......or he's your girlfriend's friend not on a GS ....so he might get in because he's not with you unless he's pretending to be your wife ......:D
The beer will be crap there anyway - come and visit us in Belgium instead ;)

actually...i might leave mr matron here and bring my girlfriend instead...she rides a kawasaki...and we sleep together on a regular basis.....

yippee will have to save up for the ferry:eek:
so a 94 funduro is a gs then:D :D :D
will have to get a metal bash plate from somewhere?
as i dont think the old plastic bwm one will be tough enough:(
anyone got one they dont want in their garage;)

Matron said:
actually...i might leave mr matron here and bring my girlfriend instead...she rides a kawasaki...and we sleep together on a regular basis.....

Don't suppose you will need a tucker inner then :(

DavidHolmes said:
I am begining to smell a conspiracy to get us all to buy those 'not available in England' tyres all those Dutch riders were so proud of in Kasterlee.

We Brits really need to have our own event if we are to enjoy real off road riding and the sheer variety of surfaces and gradients that entails - Holland and Belgium are just flat. Mud and Sand. Mainly Mud.

Still, I'll be there nontheless, how about you Mr Sherringford Hovis ?

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous answer. I feel the mud and BT020 are mutually incompatible.

Ferries??????????

Hi, has anyone got a good firm offer on ferries yet?

Only the 'Bike' 55% off on the Hull > Rotterdam route closes on the 2nd November ie next Tuesday.

Cogs

Sounds good

I'm probably up for it. Bit nippy though. Any hotels/motels nearby and available?

Skippy.

Cogs just had a quick word with Stena ( Harwich to Hook Of Holland) They are quoting £129 for Bike plus rider and pillion.
However the nice lady did say her manager would probably offer a further 10% reduction for each fare for a block booking.

I've booked on-line with Stena on the Harwich to Hook Of Holland sailing and paid £98 but that was just rider and bike with no pillion.

Depart Friday 25th and return on Monday the 28th. :)

Whatton said:
I've booked on-line with Stena on the Harwich to Hook Of Holland sailing and paid £98 but that was just rider and bike with no pillion.

Depart Friday 25th and return on Monday the 28th. :)

Looks about right Kev. Might just see how many intend to go and see if we can get the discount. Our quote was for the same dates on the fast ferry as I assume yours was.

Not sure about whether I'm on the high speed ferry but the times suited me. Details off confirmation e-mail below:

OUTWARD JOURNEY:
Harwich-Hoek v. Holland
Date: 25/03/05
LATEST check-in Time: 09:40
Departure time: 10:40
Arrival time: 15:20
Ship: Stena Discovery HSS
Number of adults: 1
Vehicle: Motorcycle

HOMEWARD JOURNEY:
Hoek v. Holland-Harwich
Date: 28/03/05