2005 GS Easter Meeting Holland

gazza said:
Looks like High Speed out and normal ferry
back. !!! I think ??

I think your right, they look the same length of time but they're an hour in front (or behind?) .... I can't work it out. :confused:

accomodation

I take it all the bungalows on the rally site are boked up already?

we have managed to find a B& B in the village (Sint-Oedenrode ) and now have just the eurotunnel crossing to sort. :)

Must use our eurotunnel points up before the end the scheme !!!

Anyone else going via the tunnel ? :beerjug:

I, owner of a GS and not having a girlfriend with or without GS, fully intend attending this eevent.
If its anything like the last 2 events in Belgia, it should be a fine event.
Ive no problem at all ( unlike a certain member of the NHS ) with the GS only ruling. Its as it should be.
Most of us could learn a lesson or two from a good proportion of the european GS riders who seem to be a bit more willing (and able ) to tackle the muddy stuff on their bikes.
Not me though, Im using the "tyre" excuse

Den said:

Not me though, Im using the "tyre" excuse

Me too. Theres a Juke box Museum a couple of miles down the road from the campsite (I'm not kidding) that deserves my attention. :)

gazza said:
Bit early to make ferry bookings I know but thought I would enquire anyway. Tried P&O North Sea from Hull to Zeebrugge first. It says on the web site massive savings if you book now for 2005. Nearly fell off my chair, with the quote so rang them and they confirmed it was correct. £316 for one person return. Asked the guy if that was with the "massive discount " and he confirmed it was. Well now the memsahib is coming I think it will be a trip down to Harwich. Would be interested to see what other prices people find. Not doing the tunnel thing. To far on the M/way.

Maybe consider riding to Dover, using Speedferries £60 return, and only £10 to amend return ticket- no time restrictions- fast crossing to Boulogne
www.speedferries.com

I'm coming too

Hi all

I'm definately coming but need to split my time in the Netherlands between the GS meeting and a good friend of mine who lives in the nearby town of Best (where I'll be staying).

Despite looking at several channel crossing options I'm still none the wiser for choosing Harwich v Dover. Today's prices £111 v £55+ respectively. Taking into account crossing times or additional mileage, and not knowing how good the roads are, (haven't driven/ridden on the continent for years): anyone got some advice to tip the balance here? Also is there a list of attendees posted yet - would be good to team up en-route from Farnborough, Hampshire?

Any help would be much appreciated

Bob

Roads are all motorway from Calais up to Eindhoven (nearest major city to St Oedenrode). Same for the roads if you sail to Ostende, Zeebrugge, Hook of Holland.

So not much difference there.

David

Are You kidding !?

gazza said:
Looks like High Speed out and normal ferry
back. !!! I think ??

The continent (NL, B, etc.) is GMT + 1, that's the difference !

Cheers,

Rob

Den said:
Ive no problem at all (unlike a certain member of the NHS ) with the GS only ruling. Its as it should be.
if you're referring to me sweetie
i have no problem with the GS ruling...its the gender / non GS ruling i have a problem with......the girlfriends / wives with non gs's are welcome..but it seems the other way round if boyfriends / husbands have non gs's

anyway...was originally coming on my own... but i feel i'd probably be as welcome as a fart in an astronaut suit now....

Matron said:

if you're referring to me sweetie
i have no problem with the GS ruling...its the gender / non GS ruling i have a problem with......the girlfriends / wives with non gs's are welcome..but it seems the other way round if boyfriends / husbands have non gs's

anyway...was originally coming on my own... but i feel i'd probably be as welcome as a fart in an astronaut suit now....

Hi Matron,

I've just posted an explicit question about this (i.e. girlfriends - yes, boyfriends - no) on the Dutch GS forum. It seems to me to be more of a case of thoughtless typing, rather than policy. I am sure you would be very welcome at the Dutch GS meeting. I, as a member of the Dutch GS club, would be delighted to meet you.

As for farts in astronauts' suits, you are missing a crucial point. Any fart in an astronaut suit must by definition belong to the astronaut. And one's own farts seem strangely pleasant, somehow. Or is it just me?

David

i wouldnt know...as i NEVER fart.....

as for Holland...thank you for your kind words and invitation...
i shall be in Holland at easter...but am now planning to visit my sister near Harlingen up in Friesland...and i will be in the motorhome with the children......

I was hoping to come up for it, but I will probably go to Morocco instead.

Bit surprised by some of the entry rules though? I´d have thought a partner is a partner whatever sex they/you are.

I understand that one wouldn´t want a big bunch of varadero riders turning up, but husbands/boyfriends, wives/girlfriends? It just seems a bit odd to me. I would have thought we´d be fighting to have Matron attend events as so few women do.

Whatever its tnot for me to pour scorn on what is one of the bes events of the year. Hope it goes well!;)

I asked about this, and entry rules are: GS only. Partners (male/female/indeterminate) on non-GS is OK, but only if accompanying a GS. And female participants are of course more than welcome. So far, nearly 80 people have signed up, with about 10 of these being female, at least half of whom are turning up on their own behalf, as opposed to as partners, as it were.

Looks like it's going to be fun. Now, if I can just pin my parents down, as to when they will be visiting me, I'll go and sign up myself. (But don't let that put anyone off...)

David

Kropotkin said:
I asked about this, and entry rules are: GS only. Partners (male/female/indeterminate) on non-GS is OK, but only if accompanying a GS. And female participants are of course more than welcome. So far, nearly 80 people have signed up, with about 10 of these being female, at least half of whom are turning up on their own behalf, as opposed to as partners, as it were.

Looks like it's going to be fun. Now, if I can just pin my parents down, as to when they will be visiting me, I'll go and sign up myself. (But don't let that put anyone off...)

David

I was going to go, but now.....:D

I'm booked !!

Ferry booked so should see you guys on the quayside:

OUTWARD JOURNEY:
Harwich-Hoek v. Holland
Date: 25/03/05
LATEST check-in Time: 09:40
Departure time: 10:40
Arrival time: 15:20
Ship: Stena Discovery HSS
Number of adults: 1
Vehicle: Motorcycle

HOMEWARD JOURNEY:
Hoek v. Holland-Harwich
Date: 28/03/05
LATEST check-in Time: 13:30
Departure time: 14:30
Arrival time: 20:00
Ship: Stena Hollandica
Number of adults: 1
Vehicle: Motorcycle

Cost now £111 :(

Bob

dear friends, thanks to all 19 of you who already signed up for the weekend.. that's:
Gazza, Simon, Georgie, Whatton, Dutchman, Henry & Kirstin Mawson, Mart, Nige, Cogs & Lisa, Palya, Uncle Albert, Duveldog, Dave & Val, Mr ans mrs Vytas, Ian, Norman and Judith B, Bob Mann.

If you're not in this list, but you are coming, please drop me a line
( lucas@lucasvanderveen.demon.nl )

(so far we have 87 entries)

Yes, Yes, Yes please... get my name down for this..
Looking forward to the GREAT weekend..
Stephen

Back
Top Bottom