Friday Forest Foray

Womble

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We have a fair amount of interest in the Saturday trail ride, but is anyone interested in a ride on Friday evening as well? We're unlikely to do many of the same lanes as the Saturday ride and, if we do, most will be in the opposite direction, so there is no harm in signing up for both rides.

I'd prefer this to be a ride for people with at least some experience and knobbly tyres fitted, but only because time will be limited. If you're interested, please post on this thread and let me know when you are likely to arrive, your level of experience and whether you'll be running knobblies. I'd love to go for a ride, whatever, so don't worry if you're not experienced or haven't got knobblies, just put your name down and we'll see who else signs up. Post on here or PM me if you have any questions.

As a guideline, I intend to start the ride at 6-7pm, so we should manage 2-3 hours of riding before it gets dark.

We have a fair amount of interest in the Saturday trail ride, but is anyone interested in a ride on Friday evening as well? We're unlikely to do many of the same lanes as the Saturday ride and, if we do, most will be in the opposite direction, so there is no harm in signing up for both rides.

I'd prefer this to be a ride for people with at least some experience and knobbly tyres fitted, but only because time will be limited. If you're interested, please post on this thread and let me know when you are likely to arrive, your level of experience and whether you'll be running knobblies. I'd love to go for a ride, whatever, so don't worry if you're not experienced or haven't got knobblies, just put your name down and we'll see who else signs up. Post on here or PM me if you have any questions.

As a guideline, I intend to start the ride at 6-7pm, so we should manage 2-3 hours of riding before it gets dark.

Happy to join you both days Norm. Knobblies fitted and done approx 150 miles around Kings Forest and Thetford with EAB group this summer. ETA mid afternoon to set up camp and have a brew.
Earlier start the better as I like the beer :beer:

May have bought a 'Husky' by next weekend - in which case I'm definitely up for this ride (especially as I live just down the road). If not I might not as my GSA has good road biased tyres fitted for my trip to Brno in a fortnights time - and I don't want to drop it in East Anglia before enjoying the tarmac twisties of the black forest yet again.

Oh I wished I lived in Suffolk we have no forest rides , or forests anywhere near us and the nearest ones are forestry commission closed. Envious :D

Casperfelix, I hope you're patient, the Husky will be champing at the bit in comparison to the big iron. However, you're just down the road from me and my usual trail bike is a KTM enduro, so there is plenty of scope for future rides.

GrinningGSer, sorry you're not near any rideable forestry but drop me a line if you're near Suffolk and I'll see if something can be arranged.

This time next week we'll be hitting the trails :bounce1. It should be good going as well - a little rain beforehand and then a few dry days is the forecast which will be good for novices and more experienced alike.

If anyone fancies joining in a recce run let me know as I'll be out on Sunday.

Casperfelix, I hope you're patient, the Husky will be champing at the bit in comparison to the big iron. However, you're just down the road from me and my usual trail bike is a KTM enduro, so there is plenty of scope for future rides.

GrinningGSer, sorry you're not near any rideable forestry but drop me a line if you're near Suffolk and I'll see if something can be arranged.
Womble, found and bought a cheap DRZ400S in quite nice nick - so the Husky is no more. However, occurs to me that I can't put my camping gear on the DRZ so won't have it at the campsite! Life is so difficult. But will gladly do some riding with you in the future.
:confused:

Womble, found and bought a cheap DRZ400S in quite nice nick - so the Husky is no more. However, occurs to me that I can't put my camping gear on the DRZ so won't have it at the campsite! Life is so difficult. But will gladly do some riding with you in the future.
:confused:

A great bike but probably very different to the Husky. Catch up with me at the BB and we can make some arrangements.

I would like to have a very early afternoon warm up for Saturday but can't commit to the times you're suggesting. I am the designated shopper for Friday and am probably expected to be present on camp for the arrival of the Happy Crew around 18:00hrs.

I look forward to Saturday though. :thumb

What time's lunch?

There's a very convenient greasy spoon that we'll reach around 1pm. There's a Tesco's up the road if you would prefer sandwiches etc.

Back
Top Bottom