Moto Guzzi classics

All those guzzi's bring back memories. This was my T3 back in the mid-80s on the day I sold it! was a heart wrenching decision but was too heavy to commute on every day (didn't have a car way back then) - pictured child is my daughter, now aged 26!

Attachments

• t3_small (Small).jpg
    t3_small (Small).jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 826
I gotta 1999 1100 sport injection - but no digital pic of it - try to find one - in the garage waiting for a new clutch and bevel drive refit. not done anything to it since I got the 1150 gs ummmmm ........ 3 years ago .......:eek: shame - maybe this winter ?

Here's mine.

Just got her back together after a partial strip down to get to know her after doing the deal with Proff.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AAs4CYL5vm8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Exciting video isn't it :tumbleweed I'm off on a long run on her tomorrow and will take some nice piccies :)

I'll be keeping her on the road until the weather gets shitty and then she'll have a full strip down over winter - I still can't make my mind up whether to get her all pristine or keep her in her current 'smart/used/tatty round the edges' condition. I'm erring towards the latter at the moment.

Andres

Lookin good, ime in a similar dilema with my Jota, do i restore it to pristine over the winter or just tidy it a bit more, personally i like the 30yr patina and think leaving it pretty much as it is ill use it more, as i wont be so bothered about it getting dirty.
Enjoy youre ride tommorow, ill be doing the finishing touches to mine ready for the moto piston rally on Wednesday:thumb

Here's mine.

I still can't make my mind up whether to get her all pristine or keep her in her current 'smart/used/tatty round the edges' condition. I'm erring towards the latter at the moment.

Andres

I'd say the latter option, looking good :thumb2

My '77 T3 at the Manx GP a couple of years ago.

2004_0107manx20080024.jpg

Lookin good, ime in a similar dilema with my Jota, do i restore it to pristine over the winter or just tidy it a bit more, personally i like the 30yr patina and think leaving it pretty much as it is ill use it more, as i wont be so bothered about it getting dirty.
Enjoy youre ride tommorow, ill be doing the finishing touches to mine ready for the moto piston rally on Wednesday:thumb

I'd say the latter option, looking good :thumb2

Ta, and yeah, I'm finding myself agreeing - patina of age and every day useable :)

Have fun in The Picos, I'm very jealous!

Here's some pictures taken today along with a slightly more modern Guzzi :thumb2

c.jpg

d.jpg

b.jpg

a.jpg

Andres

:tears:tears:tears:tears

Are you getting "attached" to her, Andres????

You forgive all the impractibilities when your hopping on @ 4500 rpm and that crackle is resounding all around you :drool:drool:drool

Glad she's got a good home :rob:thumb2

:tears:tears:tears:tears

Are you getting "attached" to her, Andres????

You forgive all the impractibilities when your hopping on @ 4500 rpm and that crackle is resounding all around you :drool:drool:drool

Glad she's got a good home :rob:thumb2

Ta and, yeah, I'm loving her :bounce1

I took a young whipper snapper (32) mate of mine out today. First he rode the Griso and then the Le Mans. He's only ever owned and ridden Jap sports bikes until now.

He was genuinely blown away by how well the Le Mans stopped, went and especially handled and I think (hope) it's given him a whole new perspective on bikes :)

Andres

Lookin good Andres, no wonder Proff is shedding a tear or two:thumb

love this pic :thumb2

b.jpg

that's an unusual route for the throttle cables.

love this pic :thumb2

b.jpg

that's an unusual route for the throttle cables.

Trust you to spot that ;o) I've fitted new Venhills and the action is soooooo much better. I rushed putting it back together to get it on the road for today - to be sorted during the week :eek:)

Andres

Andres, I can see you're running Michelins on the LM (can't see what type, but I could probably research it).

Can you recommend for or against? I'll be bringing my LM back on the road for next year and will need to fit some fresh rubber.

They're Macadams - TBH I've only just bought the bike and only done a couple of hundred (dry) miles on her so far.

The rear is very squared off and together with the front needs replacing. Having said that they seem perfectly good but I don't think I'm really in a position to judge them properly - think I'll be doing a bit of research before replacing them but Pirelli Sport Demons seem to crop up as reccomended if you're after a sports type tyre.

Andres

had Bridgestone BT45s on my Convert for some while. very impressed.

just transformed my le mans by fitting same in place of the avons i've favoured previously. there is really no comparison. they handle far better, and actually fit inside the front mudguard, something the avons never did despite being nominally the same size. this is an important consideration on a mk1, as the fork legs are more closely spaced than a mk2 ;)

had Bridgestone BT45s on my Convert for some while. very impressed.

just transformed my le mans by fitting same in place of the avons i've favoured previously. there is really no comparison.

Reasearch done and dusted - thank you :D

Andres

Back
Top Bottom