Moto Guzzi classics

Parked up in a village in Devon this morning.

087.jpg

088.jpg

Now THAT (MBD) is something I would very much like to own! :thumb

One of these at the Stafford show today

4 not 2 ?.........

never seen one before......it just looked wrong :confused: Throwback from when Guzzi bought Benelli.

i had one the same -but with Benelli badges on it. :thumb2
It was nearly a very good Bike.
I nearly got it running well, from a right dog state.
I nearly kept it.
I didn't. :rolleyes:
It was the second worst Bike i ever had.*

* a Jawa 350 with Velorex sidecar if you were wondering. :blast

Cant believe i've not kept up with this thread. will find a pic of my GrottyGuzziCali 3 sometime.
It's having a lie down for some time to come though - fecked gearbox. :(

guzzi 1100 sport injection

Pic is a few years old but Ive still got her !! needs a new clutch and re set up of the bevel drive. Sounds bl...dy fab !! and pulls like a train.
It's a 'when ive got some time -and money to sort her out' job !!:blast

Attachments

• guzzi 1100 si.jpg
    guzzi 1100 si.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 691
Here are a few more of the older guzzi's i have had over the years, I posted some photos a while back of Guzzi's i had owned and some i still do here are some more of mine that have come and gone and some stayed.

Good stock G5 i came across and just had to have, it came with the 850T the deal was both or none so i took both.

IMG_0374.jpg

24-11-08001.jpg

This old eldo looks a lot better in a photo than it really is, but its all there.

18-1-2007bikesforsale005.jpg

the black convert was a California cop bike, guess you can shoot and ride without ant problems with a convert. Was a nice bike to ride.

4-12-08002.jpg

the full dresser Cali II, found this in Florida and shipped it home. never could come to grips with those horrid handlebars.

DSC01707-1.jpg

this black ambo came from Texas, was very tidy

17-1-2007bikesforsale010.jpg

This is how you find some, i spent a bit of time on this bike to get it to the rideable stage, was all there but need some work. but under that rattle can exterior was a very well running V7-Sport, now fast forward 30 years and 255,000K's

oldgirl1.jpg

04PR0904B_ImbilRally.jpg

THE BIKE, not the girls arse !!!

I know its not a Guzzi, but i also built myself a chopper.

23-12-07005.jpg

Have to get the scanner going so i can get my Le Mans photos, had a few of those to, my first Guzzi was a LM 1 and it got me hookes and once the Guzzi get in your blood it there to stay.
Cheers Locky.

[/QUOTE]

04PR0904B_ImbilRally.jpg

THE BIKE, not the girls arse !!!

[/QUOTE]

Both are feckin gorgeous!:drool

Fine selection of Guzzis there Lockyv7.
How original is your CHIPS bike pictured below?.
I've recently aquired one to rebuild but mine comes with white mudguards and a white tank with a black panel on the top.

Attachments

• CHIPS cali2.jpg
    CHIPS cali2.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 612
That bike came with the fresh black paint job, the seat and rack were origonal and dash still had all the switches but when it was a cop bike it would have had the big res indacators and running lights fitted.

This bike i found in Washington was a Washington state police bike and it still had everything fitted, radio box , lights and even the speaker box. all they did was cut the wires and take out the radio.
Locky.

16-10-08005.jpg

16-10-08010.jpg

here's one moving :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wA6HksjZfo8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is entertaining...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fLGxuiLHNJk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am getting strangely drawn to the idea of an early V7 Sport (shame the budget won't run to a Telaio Rosso).

That puts an ache in my heart that I suspect from experience would be replaced by a different one if I replaced my nice reliable GS with a lovely old round-barrel Guzzi.

Collected this 1986 750 NTX from a forum member recently. Not many about in this nice, unmolested and original condition. :)

Attachments

• ntx.jpg
    ntx.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 538
Collected this 1986 750 NTX from a forum member recently. Not many about in this nice, unmolested and original condition. :)

The first overseas solo (plane) trip I made was a week in Rome in the mid/late 80s for a bit of classical sightseeing. Although I was only just getting into bikes at the time, I'd always had a eye for the unusual and it was a real eye-opener seeing so many totally unknown (to me) big Italian enduros like Guzzi NTXs, Morini Camels and Laverda Atlases. I've always found them all rather fascinating ever since. NTXs look like good bikes, though I'm quite keen on the idea of a first year Morini Camel, 6v electrics and all.

Back
Top Bottom