Not a Guzzie, but it is Italian:thumb

Attachments

• DSCN1489.JPG
    DSCN1489.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,863
  • DSCN1490.JPG
    DSCN1490.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 1,892
That Cali 850 is b e a u t i f u l (and I wish it was mine).

(So's the Jota!)

1000s

I have been looking for a 70/80s Guzzi for a while but then this 1993 1000s came along.
The bike has been fitted with swan neck bars and a thottle lightening kits (the throttle action is still very heavy). The bike also came with a box of new spares and all the original stuff the seller had removed.
Moto Guzzi made about 1360 of the 1000s between 1989 and 1993.
I have only managed about 100 miles on the bike so far but I am pretty smitten with the character and feel of the thing. It is fairly comfortably, I sat on Proff's LeMans at the wee-kend but I don't think I would have gone more than 50 miles on that without a box of Ibuprofen because of the riding position. The only problem I have found so far is the engine is pinking under load at low rpm, I will put some higher octane petrol the next time I fill up and hopefully that will cure it.
I reckon it's a keeper :cool:

Attachments

• guzzi s.jpg
    guzzi s.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,943
  • guzzi 3.jpg
    guzzi 3.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,843
  • guzzi 2.jpg
    guzzi 2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,926
I haven't got a Guzzi at the minute but here's a few that have graced my garages over the years

Guzzi V50 (and no that not me on it)
GuzzV50.jpg

Mk11 Le Mans
attachment.php

G5
g5atSwithland.jpg

eldo thing with FI 1100 engine

DSCF0009.jpg

1000s
Guzzi1000s.jpg

Cali T3
Cali1.jpg

1000SP (Now owned by ATT)
GuzziSP.jpg

1100 Cali Stone
cali1-1.jpg

Not mine but.............

Drool city indeed Scotboxer. My best mate has a V7 and what a lovely little bike she is to ride.

7.jpg

8.jpg

Mr Farmer took her out for a run here in Ireland in spring last year.

IMG_4532.jpg

He also owns this 1973 V7 850GT which needs some TLC as she has been largely ignored since the Sport arrived a few years ago.

guz1.jpg

Old Guzzi's are cool. :cool:

Theres a nice if unusual Guzzie v35 trail bike on e bay at the moment,£1150, anyone had any experiences with these?

Theres a nice if unusual Guzzie v35 trail bike on e bay at the moment,£1150, anyone had any experiences with these?

I clocked that yesterday. Looks fairly tidy. It would be a nice little bike for a short commute of light green laning I guess, but probably a bit heavy for serious off roading I expect. You would certainly be unique at your local bike meet!

This will be moved on this weekend, love it but don't use it cos I don't fit it. Elbows touching knees, feel like a circus monkey on a tricycle.
230720111123.jpg

Meet my new "classic", a 11K mile california. :cool:

And on which i've spent half the day fettling.
Deciphering italian electrics and persuading the rear brake light it really needs to work.

Aligning the front brake caliper and fitting new pads (as they could well have been the 30 year old originals still in place) and changing the brake fluid.

And balancing the throttles.

Deciphering italian electrics and persuading the rear brake light it really needs to work.

Aligning the front brake caliper and fitting new pads (as they could well have been the 30 year old originals still in place) and changing the brake fluid.

Yeah..............but.............having seen that bike it's basically very sound - you got a good 'un there.

Ya lucky b@stard :thumb

Andres

guzzi dealers sell shims for the calipers. i noticed it had washers fitted when i saw the bike the other day round at pikey's. TBH i've used washers in the past, if they happen to be the right size.

pads probably are original, but i definitely remember changing the fluid for one of the bikes owners. can't have been much more than 10/12 years ago :D

It's all part of the bonding process, you wouldn't want it any other way (Oh and Cookie will be getting the hump as he balanced the carbs last and he was wearing flares so that puts it in 2009)
Don't worry I'm suffering as well. I stink of stale piss4star and where as you can't stop I can't go as the calipers won't let go of the discs. Got plenty of Stuttgart dirt under the fingers today I alsocleaned it, it's an even lighter shade of pink now. Don't know whether to change the oil or put up some draylon curtains.
240720111125.jpg

Tows nicely at 80:thumb

Back
Top Bottom