Map Tool button

TERRY RYAN

Reaction score
tonight I was playing with my mapsource

and wanted to download some more maps to sort a route

So first I clicked on my map tool button and highlighted a few
boundaries in the UK and they displayed on the LEFThand column (very good) 16MAPS=49.1MB

Then I wanted to pick up a few parts of Holland, so same as before map tool button went to highlight Rotterdam and the boundaries would not highlight :confused: infact will not highlight any of europe only UK IRELAND

However if I found the place manual marked it as a waypoint
then did a route from rotterdam to sint-oenerode it would produce a route ok

I have checked garmin website and I have unlocked all of europe :confused:

What am I doing wrong ?????????????????:confused:

Terry

This is a long shot , because I have had no problems myself downloading.

However I think I can remember when I was installing my mapsource , that you had to tick the box next to the relevent countries which you wanted install

Did you just click on the UK box!!!!!!!!!

Maybe try installing mapsource again

Howie

Terry, I think Howie has identified your problem correctly - it is likely that when you did the initial installation of the cartography on your PC (from the CD to your PC), you only installed the maps for the UK on your PC.

If you stuff your cartography CD back into the computer, it will probably "autorun" the installation program. If it does not start up the installation program automatically, just click on the icon entitled 'setup.exe' on the first disc of your cartography product.

One or two steps into the process, the installation engine will ask you what regions you want to install. I don't know what cartography product you have (CityNavigator, CitySelect, MetroGuide Europe, etc.) but all of these products are divided up into about 5 or 6 major sections of Europe. You can elect to install only one section, several sections, or all of Europe. If you have sufficient space on your computer hard disc, choose to install all of the maps (all regions).

Both your PC and your GPSR will complete a routing within Europe even if you have not installed the required map regions, but the routing will be quite coarse - it will not use the detailed map segments, it will only use the major roads that are included in the 'cosmetic base map' (in the case of routes generated on your PC) or the 'built-in base map' (in the case of routes generated on your GPSR).

PanEuropean

Thanks Howie & pan for the info problem now sorted

I am sure I loaded all regions many moons ago :confused:

Its old age catching up on me my excuse

Thanks once again guys :) chuffed to nuts :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom