Japanese Classics

My winter project, and ive always fancied doing a John o Groats to Lands End trip for charity (mad moped challenge ,help for heroes,on bike under 100cc), so this may fit the bill:thumb

Me and the missus did that trip on our GT750 kettles, along with 3 other mates on their kettles for cancer relief last year. 2200 miles in 4 days. On our two kettles ,we did 750 quids worth of petrol!!!!

Me and the missus did that trip on our GT750 kettles, along with 3 other mates on their kettles for cancer relief last year. 2200 miles in 4 days. On our two kettles ,we did 750 quids worth of petrol!!!!

Five GT750 kettles, now that must have looked a real treat, any chance of any pics...........:thumb

Another one from the garage, a '76 Honda XL125k2

2011_1017trailbike0008-1.jpg

Thats the little beasty that started my love of bikes.

Yeah, very addictive. Get as much fun being out on that as the GS, just a whole lot slower!

From an event this year...

2011_0726kielder20110084-1.jpg

I remember taking a GPz1100 down the Halezowen bypass one Saturday morning about a week after I'd passed my test on a BSA C15. No insurance, first time on a big, modern bike. Nearly sh1t myself :eek:

Did the same thing on my GPz750 the day I got it. My, but things got closer more quickly than expected :eek: I did at least have a year or so on other bikes before I got it.

Suzuki GS750

Had this little gem for 6 or 7 years now!

GS750001.jpg

One of the very first off the production line in Nov 76, by Feb 77 they put an extra disc on the front.
Maybe part company next year, as the urge for an old "stroker" intensifies.

Not a very good photo of a very good bike :thumb

Bullet proof, good looker and in those days was lotsa fun :thumb

:beerjug:

Yamaha XS750 triple :thumb

Attachments

• Yamaha 750 triple.jpg
    Yamaha 750 triple.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,057
Not a very good photo of a very good bike :thumb

Bullet proof, good looker and in those days was lotsa fun :thumb

:beerjug:

Yamaha XS750 triple :thumb

A zillion years ago...B1249 :)bow)....Big hill into Foxholes.....Me, and my assistant 'Fat Kev' hit 115 mph on one of them things.......:eek: :eek:

What a laugh.....:D

Z1B very nice.........always wanted one:thumb

and me, always wanted a Z1A, but this american import with aftermarket silencer would do!

At the bike show the bike with the biggest crowd around on the Kawasaki stand was.......

yep, an immaculate concours Z1.:D

I asked the chap on the stand who I saw about placing an order for one....he was a bit nonplussed:thumb

Another Gpz1100 unitrack. This came up on ebay last August when I was out of the UK. One owner bike with under 6k miles on it. It didn't sell for a fortune and I was gutted not to be in a position to have a go for it. Readvertised a couple of weeks back by the gent who bought it last summer: a dealer who stored the bike in a games room in his house but his missus was getting fed up with several M/Cs in the house. I got the bike for what he paid plus he had changed the fork seals and had the screen restored as the platic had started to cloud.
The bike is pretty much as it left the factory but hasn't been on the road since 1996 so some injection cleaner in the tank and a 200 mile ride to blow the cobwebs out are on order when it warms up a bit.

Attachments

• silver Gpz.jpg
    silver Gpz.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 992
Z1 1973

DSC_0226.jpg

Nearly finished, just a couple more jobs to do.

Suzuki GS

Here's my GS 1000 1978 it's waiting for the speedo rear cover and engine bars back from the chromers then its taking me down to Dijon for the moto legend.

Attachments

• GS1000 .jpg
    GS1000 .jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 909
Here's my GS 1000 1978 it's waiting for the speedo rear cover and engine bars back from the chromers then its taking me down to Dijon for the moto legend.

Used to have one of them. IMO, it as actually the best of the UJM's of the era. :thumb2

GS1000.jpg

Hi Sidestand. I had a brand spanker GT500 in 1977 on a R plate. Superb bike. Loved the pulling power of that big 2 stroke. Wish I still had mine. Always wonder if it is still on the road somewhere?

Back
Top Bottom