Modern Classic - The TBS

Jazbee

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
An future classic and a bike in demand going by prices.
Just finished semi-Cafe'ing my Thunderbird Sport............

P1000427.jpg

P1000431.jpg

P1000428.jpg

P1000424.jpg

P1000425.jpg

2001 with only 2750 mls. Great bike to ride, 900 triple with lovely sounding TOR exhausts:D

Very nice indeed but you need to lose the rear fender completely and put dropped bars on for it to have the real cafe racer look .....but then your back would get covered in shite and your wrists would ache ;)

oddly enough i just sold my TBS this week. hardly used it in the 6 years I had it. in fact it had less than 4k miles on the clock. nice bikes and I had a similar look, but in the black/yellow colours.

oddly enough i just sold my TBS this week. hardly used it in the 6 years I had it. in fact it had less than 4k miles on the clock. nice bikes and I had a similar look, but in the black/yellow colours.

How much did you get for it?

not enough :) but I got the asking price.

photos here:

http://s1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc429/Alpha2328/

In fairness I dropped it recently. just a drop not a crash u understand and I did dint the tank slightly so i had to take that loss on the chin. Asked for £3.5k for it and an extra £150 for the solo seat. Let it all go for the £3.5K

really nice bikes, heavy though (made in the UK from cast iron I think).

I still have the cafe raced screen (has a few scrapes but is unpainted so easily repairable if anyone wants/needs one.

Thankfully it totally saved the clocks/headlight so it served its purpose for me.

Dave

£3500 is decent money ..... you don't have to tell me how heavy they are. I've got a MK1 Speed Triple :blagblah

I thought so. it was reasonably priced when i bought it and i sold it on the same. Combind with the money i made off my XT600 theypaid for my GS. So i hae moved on for literally nothing.

I do like the TBS, but it was more for posing at ike meets than real riding for me personally. nice bike tjough.

Very nice indeed but you need to lose the rear fender completely and put dropped bars on for it to have the real cafe racer look .....but then your back would get covered in shite and your wrists would ache ;)

Exactly, its a cafe that suits me .... no clip ons and a proper (but smaller rear mud guard) I like to enjoy the bike :D

In what way is that bike a cafe racer?

That's why I said 'semi' cafe, too uncomfortable for all out cafe, I like to ride it:D.. Really like to do one with an older twin, all out cafe, drop all the weight etc....:thumb2

Some guy on T RAT did this one, I quite like it

Attachments

• TBS.jpg
    TBS.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 741
£3500 is decent money ..... you don't have to tell me how heavy they are. I've got a MK1 Speed Triple :blagblah

A Mk1 Speed triple holds the record with me for the shortest time in ownership... had it 7 days :rolleyes:

The most uncomfortable bike I've ever ridden... looked great in black , but I could only just reach the handlebars :D

Part exchanged it for a TBS... that lasted a bit longer :)

Here`s my Mk1 speed triple

Attachments

• 07042010104.jpg
    07042010104.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 227
How can that be a classic. I've got socks older than that!

Agreed:thumb

A Thunderbird Sport was the first 'modern' bike I rode, preferred the twin pipe model though. Nice bikes:)

Back
Top Bottom