Wapping's Wanders Five - NEW DATE - September 24 - 25

Wapping

Reaction score
A day and a half away in northern France.

Probably a train out on Saturday around 10 / noon, back on Sunday evening on a train around 19:30.

Not sure where we will be going.... Or staying..... I will sort something out, I hope :D

Anticipated six to eight bikes, pillions welcome.

Hi Richard,
Put myself and my pal Mark down for this one.(2 bikes)
Thanks Kevin

Hi Richard,

Jen and I would be keen to join you on another sojourn. We should be ok this time as I'll have my new Fuel Pump Controller and a new Final Drive bearing and seal!

One bike - two peeps!

Andy

Last edited:
I'd like to come on this but i'd be on my own. I have no friends. Sniff sniff....
Keep me informed of any plan.
Rob

Runners and riders

Wapping
Kev B
Mark
Les Brenchleyhibs (2)
Les Wilburts (2)
Purplerobbie

Eight bods and six bikes. Perfect, so I will close the invites list.

=====

I propose a change of direction when leaving Calais, so it's Belgium, ending up in Ypres / Ieper in (I hope) good time for the Last Post ceremony at the Menin Gate at 20:00 http://www.greatwar.co.uk/events/menin-gate-last-post-ceremony.htm

I have created a draft outward route in Mapsource which, if I get a chance, I will have a go at riding. Still to do are a hotel in Ypres and a longer return route for day two.

Richard

Attachments

• Day and a half ride (Ypres etc) UKGSer September 2011.gdb
    87.5 KB · Views: 110
I have made a provisional booking (awaiting confirmation) at Hotel Regina, which is in the centre of Ypres.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Gro...&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&gl=uk&z=16&vpsrc=0

Regina.JPG

http://www.hotelregina.be/index.asp?taal=uk

They do not have a carpark but (from rusty memory) there is a public car park on the main square.

Richard

Provisional second day's route added.

Attachments

• Day and a half ride (Ypres etc) UKGSer September 2011.zip
    80.7 KB · Views: 118
I will be doing a recce over the Bank Holiday weekend 27/29 August.

Or I would be if the Chunnel was not fully booked!

On a brighter note:

Good morning,

I hereby confirm your booking you find below.

Thank you in advance and see you soon.

Met vriendelijke groeten
Cordialement
Kind regards

Louise Vervisch
Reception

Hotel Regina
Grote Markt 45
8900 Ieper

www.hotelregina.be

So we have somewhere to sleep, which is a good thing.

Hi Richard,
Any idea what time train out and back yet ?
The provisional booking at the hotel is that for yourself or for all? or should I book direct?
Looking forward to another of great your mini tours :thumb2

Kevin

http://www.hotelregina.be/index.asp?taal=uk

They do not have a carpark but (from rusty memory) there is a public car park on the main square.

Richard

Richard

We stayed there last year and they have underground locking garages just up the square. Clean and tidy and very secure - we left all our riding kit there to air overnight. Two bikes and there was enough space to run around too.

I remember thay were roomy - probably easy to get five or six bikes in IIRC. If I paid for it, it must have been fairly cheap too. :D

Hi Richard,
Any idea what time train out and back yet ?
The provisional booking at the hotel is that for yourself or for all? or should I book direct?
Looking forward to another of great your mini tours :thumb2

Kevin

Just back from a weekend of assorted juants around SE England. Saw very few other bikes..... has 'the season' ended, or summat?

Hotel all booked for all of us already.

I will get on the case with train times tomorrow.

Richard

We stayed there last year and they have underground locking garages just up the square. Clean and tidy and very secure - we left all our riding kit there to air overnight. Two bikes and there was enough space to run around too.

I remember thay were roomy - probably easy to get five or six bikes in IIRC. If I paid for it, it must have been fairly cheap too. :D

Excellent, many thanks for the info Mr B. :beerjug:

We may, if I can get them a room, have one late joiner: ChasMill of this parish, along with Mrs ChasMill (Jane) who (unlike ChasMill minor) I hope can remember her trousers :D

Train booked

TRAIN OUT: Departure time 10:50

TRAIN BACK: Departure time 18:42

=======================

I think it would be a good idea for everyone to bring a packed lunch for Saturday, to scoff on the hoof. My hope is to get to Ypres in good time to have a have a look around before the ceremony.

Richard

PS Charlie, I haven't heard back from the hotel yet, but have chased them up.

Charlie, you may come to the ball, Cinders.

The hotel has confirmed a double room for you and Jane :thumb2

Final list of runners and riders:

Wapping
Kev B
Mark
Les Brenchleyhibs (2)
Les Wilburts (2)
Purplerobbie
Les Chasmills (2)

10 bods and seven bikes. Even more perfect. List definitely closed.

We will use the marker 'drop-off' system, for sure.

Richard

Excellent!

Tunnel now booked - same times as you.

Happy to be "Tail Gunner" as I am a late addition. :thumb

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom