SHETLAND

Shetland - 1200GS Rear Drive Oil Seal Help Required

Met a Swiss couple today in Walls, on 1200GS and a 650GS who it would be good to help.
He has a leaking rear drive oil seal on the 1200 which is pissing oil and needs urgent replacement.
They are on the ferry tomorrow night to Kirkwall then down through Orkney and on to Inverness.
Does anyone have a replacement seal or know of a mechanic in Orkney/Inverness/North that I could have a seal sent to.

Thanks !!

Met a Swiss couple today in Walls, on 1200GS and a 650GS who it would be good to help.
He has a leaking rear drive oil seal on the 1200 which is pissing oil and needs urgent replacement.
They are on the ferry tomorrow night to Kirkwall then down through Orkney and on to Inverness.
Does anyone have a replacement seal or know of a mechanic in Orkney/Inverness/North that I could have a seal sent to.

Thanks !!

There is a BMW dealership (Caltertons in Inverness) which would have everything available if it lasted that long. I would stick it on the ferry to Aberdeen and take it to John Clarks BMW in Aberdeen as they have a great mechanic there and no riding involved.......:thumb

Thanks - they have a booking to Orkney and don't want to give up on their plans, but you're quite right Aberdeen is the sensible option.

Hopefully can sort something with one of them before they leave.

What's your experience been of Aberdeen particularly for an 1150, I've been going all the way to Dalkeith but ended up getting work they couldn't do completed in Holland a few weeks ago as they only seem to have 1200 parts now.

Thanks - they have a booking to Orkney and don't want to give up on their plans, but you're quite right Aberdeen is the sensible option.

Hopefully can sort something with one of them before they leave.

What's your experience been of Aberdeen particularly for an 1150, I've been going all the way to Dalkeith but ended up getting work they couldn't do completed in Holland a few weeks ago as they only seem to have 1200 parts now.

Took my 1200 to John Clark in Aberdeen for servicing- you might have to book well ahead as they only have one bike mechanic ( who is well regarded locally) that works a four day week.

Took my 1200 to John Clark in Aberdeen for servicing- you might have to book well ahead as they only have one bike mechanic ( who is well regarded locally) that works a four day week.

He's on his hols till the 22nd, mind.

Thanks for feedback, really helpful particularly if nobody around in Aberdeen this week. :thumb2

Swiss folks just came by, they are going to phone ahead to Inverness and book parts and a repair, hopefully will see them sorted in time if they keep the running to a minimum.

Used plenty brake cleaner so everything is clear again and works and he can keep an eye for the seal deteriorating.

Cheers !!

Shetland

Anyone heard from Farmer Palmer. ZMCC is planning to go to Unst if anyone is :beerjug:, keep you posted as to when.:beer:How your Swiss fellows got on Patrick

Think they're doing fine, haven't heard otherwise.

We had to find new rear wheel bearings when we were away and had some great help in Holland and again in Dover for a nice big nail I picked up in France so good to return the favour to others !!

Looks like the next attempt at the Unst run will be 2nd Sept so hope for a good forecast to keep the softies happy. :D

Thats a bummer I will be away south in Scotland that week. Try and get it changed as I really want to go.The next week is Shoot the Goose in Skye so that is out also,as we will still be away.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom