SHETLAND

Well..... it's 'blawin a hoolie' as ever but mild at least.

Went up to Saxa Vord yesterday and it was too windy to stand let alone ride the bike but I did manage to get to the 'most northerly' point in the British Isles.......Well almost....!:D

The wee ferries between Unst and Yell were interesting and it's a good job i've been ACF 50'd

FP.:thumb

So it was "almost":thumb

Well done but no cigar my friend.

Im still the Daddy:bounce1

So it was "almost":thumb

Well done but no cigar my friend.

Im still the Daddy:bounce1

Titter ye not, my friend - your demise is nigh......

BTW Farmer P hasn't been blown off a cliff - I was talking to him about 2 hours ago in Lerwick.:thumb2

+1:thumb It's a bloody long walk home.....!

Ferry is booked AB-L 22nd October returning around the 30th. Even had new TKC 80's fitted to the GSA30 today at MCE so i'm good to go.

I might even bring my tent and use it if the weathers good otherwise it'll be the Sail Loft or one of the other Bods but then again the food and beer is good at the Pier Head......!

Maybe we should all go up there together or put a book to sign in a tin box somewhere and invent a badge or sticker for the 'Most Northerly'.......?

FP.:thumb
Forgot until tonight to call at the Bod and meet you.
Join the Zetland m/c club:beerjug: and get a badge with the most northerly club on it.

Shetland!

Home again......!:thumb

Not the smoothest crossing to Aberdeen last night either but hey ho! lots of folk we're speaking to huey on the boat again:barf

Had a great time in Shetland.......Good food and great company as ever and the weather was.......mmm, interesting as usual but no damage to myself or the bike, very mild and only one days rain:thumb

I'm getting good at digging out the old GSA30, stuck in the sand, stuck in the peat and stuck in the sand again twice, these GSA's are just too damn heavy to heave out of the glaur.......!

Highlights on this trip were.....St Ninians Isle, Eshaness, Hermaness, Saxa Vord(the north side) and Fedaland fishing station, what a great place.

Voe Sail Loft Camping Bod was excellent basic accommodation at £10 per night and very handy for the Peir Head pub and the bakers just over the road. Very good food at the Shetland Museum cafe aswell.

I'd like to go back but maybe this time in the summer.

FP.

how many

how many of us are there in shetland . seems ta be quite a few . come on then lets see .

Think We'll be up again next year,love the place:D,lived in Hillswick 20 odd years ago,family lived there for the past 30 years:thumb

Sounds like Shetland was the place to be for the Northern Lights last night, hope you guys managed to see them.

Just a blue glow to the North last night about 20:00. Looked like pre-dawn with an arc of blue further up.

Coulda been better later, but I was too pished to bother going outside again:D

Just a blue glow to the North last night about 20:00. Looked like pre-dawn with an arc of blue further up.

Coulda been better later, but I was too pished to bother going outside again:D

This was last night, apparently - looking North across Maywick to Burra.

407004_356011587761830_205303086166015_1321860_1695822685_n.jpg

Pinched off Faecesboak.

was out for a walk last sunday around lerwick,

saw a 61plate red gs adventure,
11 plate mettalic green triumph,
thought it was new 1200 at first but an 800 I guess,
red aprilia falco ,couple of gsxers.

I was effing gutted i did'nt have the bike:blast

was out for a walk last sunday around lerwick,

saw a 61plate red gs adventure,
11 plate mettalic green triumph,
thought it was new 1200 at first but an 800 I guess,
red aprilia falco ,couple of gsxers.

Yup, some interesting bikes in this weeks MCN....

Back
Top Bottom