Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bilco's TAT tour 2011

Dream Maker
    Today was simply one of the best days riding I've ever done. Me and the KTM have finally gelled and it's simply awesome on the dirt. It's eating the back tyre though. Anyway, you know when a day has everything? As I mentioned, the bike felt spot on, the company was top notch, we rode as a fast group, we can all ride our bikes and now trust each other on the trail and we just laughed all day and had a blast.

The day started with fast gravel but turned to thick gooey mud. It must have taken us an hour to do a couple of miles but it was hilarious. I've never seen bikes ridden at angles like it and arms and legs flying about trying to keep control. The mud seemed to be about 3 inches deep and stuck like sh*t to a blanket. Bloody hard riding. I don't have too many pix but Skygod has some great camera footage and the other guys have pix which they will post in due course.

After the mud, we went back to the dirt and just rode the wheels off the bikes all day Now in a small town called Clinton AK and will be in the glorioius Ozarks tomorrow Grez stayed on road today as he is pretty badly beaten up after his off and will do the same tomorrow.

Here's a couple of pix. You can clearly see the mud in one pic but that was too deep with waer to pass!! The tryres on my bike are also full of this gooey mud so they are like slicks
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    www.unchainedtours.com

"Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so powerful as hope.
    With hope, one can think, one can work, one can dream.
    If you have hope, you have everything."

http://www.unchainedtours.com

Dream Maker
    A few assorted pix of today. We found an old church which has just been abondoned to the elements with everything just left inside. Skgod has a slight problem with teh rubber gaitor on his HP2 so in the fine tradition of adventure riders, Duct tape and cable ties to the rescue A word here for Murdoch who has this happy knack of being able to repair just about anything
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    www.unchainedtours.com

Great photos and write up of what looks like a fantastic trip so far.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Nice one

Great stuff it look's really good riding over there

Love the road-book holder

Please keep the pictures coming

Louis

North Wales TRF Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Bilco View Post
    A word here for Murdoch who has this happy knack of being able to repair just about anything
    Howling Mad Mikey Murdock........ the main man! How does his Husky look with the touring kit on it?
    Hey, I had no idea BlueUK was going along either...... watch those v-twin KTMs in the water dude!!

Great stuff so far...... the 'bridge out' shot of Bakes giving it some, I can almost here the valve bounce from here.... mint!

More, more, more.......

Timpo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Bilco View Post
    I've never seen so many fat people in one county in all my life

Harsh but fair

Dream Maker
    Yet another brilliant days riding through the Ozarks. The trails are fantastic and out of 190 miles, around 160 were dirt which is the way we like it Problem is I've broken my damned camera but will hopefully be able to get the pix loaded in the next day or so. I sawa Bobcat cross the trail just in front of me and as I pointed it out to the guys behind, I seemed to hook the strap of the camera which was in my tank bag and flung it over my shoulder Skygod and Blue have some awesome camera footage which will be loaded in due course.

We are in a small towm called Alva AK and have now done the Wallmart experience.... Jeez, it's frightening.

Blue is an awesome rider Timpo and that big V twin Katoum is getting a hammering. I'll be doing 50 on the gravel and Blue will be coming past and hooking another gear with the back end sliding everywhere Blue is a great roomie as he can't hear my snoring

Louisdut, the roadbook holder is fantastic and I owe you a beer

Me and Timolgra will be headed to Tulsa tomorrow for new rear tyres. The Karoo's have only done around 1300 miles and are shot Hopefully we'll be able to pick up something decent that will last.

Weather was nice and cool at around 90 today and the same tomorrow. It's hell here I tell you
    www.unchainedtours.com

yes, another massive day, 7pm start I have aready forgotten what yesterdays hotel was like,oh yes I remember.

They are all very clean but with this heat a tad smelly, most 4 star so not slumming it, I got to this one first today as I pulled off the trail 10 miles early.

So I`m now classed as a dipper wooss, baby and so on because I only managed 178 miles off road.

Today was all trail riding we found our selfs i the real back and beond, how this guy that tracked the trail in the first place found these routes one will never know.

15 0r so years ago they all must have been well cut off in places, we are celebritys where ever we go everybody wanys to know why on earth 7 now brits have found there way into some of the remotest parts of the USA.

when I say remote I mean remote, today I manage 1 hour on my own away from poor tasteless jokes of Gary whome I find myself rolling around at the sound of his voice, some of the stuff he says is just hularious.

I left the group with 10 miles to do, short of water and energy to do the last ten as the down hill part I had just done was chalanging, and I felt if I had a day full.

We are a good group working together well, just not bonding the last few days as we are in a dry state/county never sure what, all i know is you can tell the difference.

We should try it in the UK ! SEEMS NICER without the beer.

I`m sure we will be devising some sort of intersate beer runs if this carrys on.

So 7.30 start tommorow and God help you if your not ready, Bilko is strick and wrightly so we do have a long way to go and I can asure you its HOT, and those few hours before the sun pops out, we can manage about 50 miles.

The SPOT thing seems to work well, you can check back by changing pages, look in bottom left of map it says PAGES 1- WHATEVER.

I have just rang the bakery and have been told to say away for longer

so BYE for now

excellent.... write up...

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    A word here for Murdoch who has this happy knack of being able to repair just about anything

Keep him off the Guinness - his efficiency levels do drop off a bit but he can still change tyres chains and sprockets on auto pilot!
    Last edited by Barty; 15-08-11 at 10:08. Reason: spelling

Hauled up at THE MARRIOTT HOTEL, arrived in Bartlesville at 10pm asked the night porter to ring all the hotels in town he called about 10 and nobody had seen or had 7 offroad bikers staying.

But had seen one I take it thats GREZ.

So I rode around town till 11pm and returned to THE MARRIOTT as the doorman offered me a great price,hence Im here room 218 call if you like.

Anyway good job we parted with 70 miles miles to go as 10 miles along the road after I left you, the bike went totally out of control and almost throw me off at 55mph.

I so nearly came with you as I felt good about the day, and saw you riding off a so nearly came after you, good job i didn`t

I stopped thinking the mousees had failed, no they were OK as far as I could see, back on and the thing was just about unrideable.

Good job I had left the trail when I did as the rear wheel bearings had dissintergrated. with a good 2 inches of movment I mangaed town.

Then a 2 mile ride out east to a small barn where POP and MA as they are now affectionatly know fixed my wheel bearings, he had a shed or barn with a new part for nearly every motorbike ever made since he started 47 years ago.

So KTM rear bearings somewhere YES both FRONT and REAR.

he also had a massive assortment of tyres, but had never removed a mousee so we cut it off with a jig saw, and sliced it in two took about an hour.

POP had a bad back so I have to remove the wheel and put it back in, also he spent ages making a tool to punch out the old bearings.

So I bought a NEW DUNLOP tyre HEAVEY JUTY innertube, some chain jube some gloves and a helmet, he hung my old one up in the barn for me, POP is now $450 better off now, he can pay his bills he said.

We waved good bye at 8.15 I had been there since 4pm and I rode here to BARTLESVILLE.

SPOTS shows my where abouts and my phones on 07985 256 199

Im in room 218 if you call the hotel 918 331 2100 address 2107 WASHINGTON Blvd

Bakes

Bloody hell Bakes - sounds like you had an interesting day!

Glad you and the bike are ok.

Matt

This is all awesome ta.

'Don't mess with me' Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BAKERMAN View Post
    Hauled up at THE MARRIOTT HOTEL, arrived in Bartlesville at 10pm asked the night porter to ring all the hotels in town he called about 10 and nobody had seen or had 7 offroad bikers staying.

Im in room 218 if you call the hotel 918 331 2100 address 2107 WASHINGTON Blvd

Bakes
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Masters View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BAKERMAN View Post
    I`m following you
    Quote Originally Posted by sergeuk View Post
    I offered to go find Bakerman, you would be surprised how far he can roam in a short period of time,

Bakerman takes a look at the route says feck that ... and is gone, ...
    Don't let him out of your sight!!

Greg
    Thomas! There's a mouse duck in the house!

North Wales TRF Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I want to see Pop and Ma's garage?

Ahhh..... the mousse debate continues, and I'm up at present!

Excellent Chaps, keep it coming.......

Timpo.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast