Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rides

Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    So there is a road ride.

Any off road rides? Having said that it will need to be dry, or someone will need to follow me with a video camera as I'm on road tyres this year

Dunlop Road Smarts probably don't do mud.
    '83 BMW R100
    Yamaha S10
    '69 BMW R60 US

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    The first trail as you go in on the left is posted as a Bridelway so no
    As you go up to the end dam just past the No Vehicles at weekend sign there is a very good trail though a gate over to Hagg farm area
    I was told = ONLY TOLD this has been shut
    I do not do it any more but it did make a good link to the long lane over Hope cross from the snake pass and down to edale
    That lane also is a bit of a " is it int it " Some time last year I was up there talking to a couple of rangers (peak not power) One thought it was tuther didnt want to say owt other than the lane down to the right at Hope cross ( from Edale ) was definatly a no no
    my reply
    Hurts my nuts going down "shit lane" as it was called yonks ago

I am almost sure Gary "Skygod" will be with us for the doo he will be hardcore trails after his jolly in US
    There is a definitive map of derbyshire available online

Mick

If you get there early Kev I am out Friday ( Thursday too if required )
    I will ride whatever is required

Thanks for that info Mick, will catch up with you Friday at Ripley late afternoon ish. Having me own adventure in a flash storm Dolomites. Hail today and a lockup on Diesel descending the Guia Pass in Italy. Exciting stuff. See you soon.

07875 304772
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewgsadv View Post
    Having me own adventure in a flash storm Dolomites. Hail today and a lockup on Diesel descending the Guia Pass in Italy. Exciting stuff. See you soon.
    Sounds lovely Keep it shiny side up!

Quote Originally Posted by MickDB1 View Post
    Hey up Andy Dazchallenge and anyone else interested
    The fairholmes cafe/cyclestop is open all weekend
    If you want to take yer bike all the way to the end of the "top reservoir" you can only do this midweek = These "dams" were the ones used for the practicing before the dropping of the bouncing bombs in WW2 If yer get up there friday afternoon / evening theres a great photo pic available of whatever you can get in between the two towers of the dam wall
    If yer follow
    Someone that I have showd it too will no doubt come up with the picture

The weather will be grand up there but the midgets come out not long after dusk

There are a few pictures here http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2032

(2009 show us yours)

I have not been myself but would like a run out either Friday or the Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by grayinthestores View Post
    There are a few pictures here http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2032

(2009 show us yours)

I have not been myself but would like a run out either Friday or the Saturday
    I will not be arriving till about 3 tent up etc . very prepared to run back to the Dams and I think you can ride all the way to the end on Friday.
    Failing that if enough folk are interested can detour that way Saturday if only to enjoy the satnav spitting its dummy out. The main Dam wall is easy to walk up to if road is shut

If interested my tent will be the most faded force 10 in The Peaks with a little used extension in bright orange.

Andrew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12