Loaner R1200 GS

Tengiz99

Reaction score
Well finally getting a proper spin on an R1200 GS tomorrow. :bounce1 The F800 GS is in for a service so have arranged for a loaner from Joe Duffy.
Does the 1200 come with a pipe and slippers? Or do I have to provide them myself? :rob :thumb

If it's anything like the yoke they gave me you'll be glad to get your own bike back.

2011 R1200 GS, mint! I am quite liking it so far. Very different the 800, need to watch myself slow/turning, but on the other hand the throttle is much less snatchy.

Weren't of a mood to say Hello in Ballymount Brian? :p

2011 R1200 GS, mint! I am quite liking it so far. Very different the 800, need to watch myself slow/turning, but on the other hand the throttle is much less snatchy.

Weren't of a mood to say Hello in Ballymount Brian? :p

Jeyus Pete, sorry about that, I was in Ballymount but in another world, I had a very nice lady chatting in my ear giving me directions to her company.:)

Sure anyway, I always turn my nose-up at better bike's than mine:green gri

Sorry about that:comfort

No Worries, Brian :thumb

Have to say, I was quite impressed with the 1200. I could be tempted to the dark side. If course I'd have to win the bloody lotto.

No Worries, Brian :thumb

Have to say, I was quite impressed with the 1200. I could be tempted to the dark side. If course I'd have to win the bloody lotto.

The GS1200 loaner that Duffys gave me back in October 2004 was pretty shook, but I had it for the weekend, brought it to the Shamrock Rally and explored the Sheep's Head peninsula etc. I was in love by the time I brought it back on the Monday. :JB

I went over to the Dark Side the following January. I think you're already there Tengiz, seeing as you have a Beemer :rob

The 1200 is a bit mad, it shouldn't work as it does, it's huge, comfortable, relaxed, yet you are carrying lots of speed effortlessly though the bends. The 800 is a lot of fun, huge fun actually, but the 1200 is a bit more, genteel about its hooliganism. :blagblah

The 1200 is a bit mad, it shouldn't work as it does, it's huge, comfortable, relaxed, yet you are carrying lots of speed effortlessly though the bends. The 800 is a lot of fun, huge fun actually, but the 1200 is a bit more, genteel about its hooliganism. :blagblah

tut tut, hooliganism :rob

but you're right

and I can get my feet on the ground with the 1200 (with a lower saddle), something I could never manage on an 800 :nenau

Back
Top Bottom