'Best guitar solo ever'

just finishing the cask strength fumes first ha!

na just 'in the mood' young man - for the music that is!

Cracking stuff from him in that period of time.

But "greatest"? nah, there can't be a greatest can there ?

:beerjug:
Wouldn't know where to start.:blast

Sorry but regardless of how great the stones were, Keith Richards was and never will be a 'great' guitarist.

Mediocre at best.

Sorry and all that ...........

Sorry but regardless of how great the stones were, Keith Richards was and never will be a 'great' guitarist.

Mediocre at best.

Sorry, but I'm not sorry.
He was, is, and always will be desperately average in my book.
Stones always were shit.
Now then, where's me old copy of Peters and Lee's greatest hit? Now that's more like it :D

there's life out there Jim.........................

thank phuck, beginning to wonder if i'd manage to prompt a response from any tosser in here - well done !

For me, it's all down to the right tune/player, at the right time, in the right mood.

My truly best guitar solo (so far) is in Pink Floyd's 'Comfortably Numb' particularly the 'Live' version.

But that's just me!!!!!

Mediocre at best.

Agreed, not even in the running.

I aint arguing................

Keith Richards, ok, I do enjoy listening to a lot of his stuff BUT he is generally reciting through his guitar the ghosts of all the old black blues guys.Music I enjoy. To me not much of his playing is his own.

Keef Richards is a good rythmn player but there are much better solos out there than Sympathy.

If you want emotion and soul then try the late, great, Gary Moore :bow

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HuAVHHRlxLg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

thank phuck, beginning to wonder if i'd manage to prompt a response from any tosser in here - well done !

For me, it's all down to the right tune/player, at the right time, in the right mood.

My truly best guitar solo (so far) is in Pink Floyd's 'Comfortably Numb' particularly the 'Live' version.

But that's just me!!!!!

OK, here's another response :thumb

Comfortably numb best solo? No way - and I speak as pink Floyd's number 2 nerd/fan. DG is a brilliant, brilliant guitarist and technically one of the best but he can so lack any soul/emotion at times and to me Comfortably Numb is one of his technical masterpieces but otherwise lacking........................

IMHO if you want to hear him at his best check out his 'duel' with Rick Wright on Echoes (either Live at Pompei or DG live in Gadansk) :thumb2

Best guitar solo then? Mmmmmm so subjective but I'm erring towards either Frank Zappa or Steve Vai (when he was with Zappa) on any number of tracks. Check out 'Shut up and play your guitar' :)

Andres

Git it right up ye...:bow

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SUNskSpO_nA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AOsgv_X_cV8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Freebird

Has to be Freebird by Lynryd Skynnard, very soulful and just damn great to listen to.

Also consider, Laundromat by Rory Gallagher.......

or Crosstown Traffic by Hendrix.......

IMHO if you want to hear him at his best check out his 'duel' with Rick Wright on Echoes (either Live at Pompei or DG live in Gadansk) :thumb2

Here you go :thumb2

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R0YQCPe3l-c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Andres

sorry..............

beetee and toad - not dooin' nuthin for me guys sorry, just a clash of sounds,not musical.

Outtomunch same mate - 'comfortably numb' guitar solo is, to my ear, far more musical. Again ,it's all in the 'ear of the beholder' :thumb2

better...................

billynomates, at least Parisienne. There is musical structure to the tune and a balance of sounds .

Must be moi ,methinks . After all I prefer the ceol mor platform to the worlds stadium

Back
Top Bottom